San Francisco, California, March 2, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global cosmetic implants market is expected to reach USD 9.29 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for aesthetic procedures coupled with rising healthcare expenditure levels is expected to serve this market as a high impact rendering driver during the forecast period. Emergence of technologically advanced products such as the two form-stable silicone gel breast implants and hyaluronic acid facial filler is also expected to assist market growth. According to estimates published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in 2013, residents of the U.S. spent nearly USD 7.0 billion in cosmetic surgical procedures. Most of these procedures (approximately 40.0%) were undertaken by consumers belonging to the age group of 35 years to 50 years. Moreover, the fact that the country is rapidly aging and has a large base of population pertaining to this age group is expected to present manufacturers with lucrative future growth opportunities.
Browse full report on Global Cosmetic Implant Market with detailed figures and charts: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cosmetic-implant-market
Rising prevalence of breast cancer and growing number of awareness programs such as the Breast Reconstructive Awareness Campaign are expected to encourage women to undergo reconstructive surgeries. Lack of appropriate reimbursement policies supporting cosmetic surgical procedures is expected to impede market growth over the next six years.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Dental implants were the highest revenue generating application area in 2013 owing to factors such as increasing consumption of junk food and aerated beverages which lead to a rise in prevalence of tooth decay and other dental disorders.
- North America held over 40.0% of the cosmetic implants market in 2013. High economic development and the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure are key factors attributing to its large market share. Presence of high awareness and disposable income levels and changing lifestyle habits are also expected to drive regional market growth over the next six years.
- Facial Implants are expected grow at a lucrative rate during the forecast period owing to increasing popularity of celebrities, who in turn motivate younger generation to look aesthetically appealing. Furthermore, the fact that these surgical procedures are precise and entail almost no side effects is expected to boost usage rates during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to provide manufacturers with profitable growth opportunities over the next six years. Rapidly developing healthcare infrastructure and rising patient awareness levels are some key factors accounting for its market attractiveness.
- Key players analyzed in this study include 3M Health Care, Allergan, Inc., GC Aesthetics, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Technologies Inc.
Get more information on Global Cosmetic Implant Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cosmetic-implant-market
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global cosmetic implants market on the basis of product and region:
Global Cosmetic Implants Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Breast Implants
- Dental Implants
- Facial Implants
Global Cosmetic Implants Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Metal Implants
- Bio Material
Cosmetic Implants Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse more reports of this category from Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Web: Grand View Research
Source:Grand View Research