BARCELONA, Spain, March 3, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At Mobile World Congress, Amdocs (Nasdaq:DOX), the leading provider of customer experience solutions, today announced enhancements to its recently announced Mobile Financial Services (MFS) solution that enables secure, affordable and accessible financial services. Among the solution's new capabilities is the ability for consumers to make ‒ and online merchants to accept ‒ payment from mobile wallet accounts over the Web. The enhanced solution will also help MFS providers, such as mobile network operators, banks and other financial institutions to attract new customer segments and improve agent efficiency to deliver a better customer experience.
Delivered over a public or private cloud, the Amdocs Mobile Financial Services solution delivers a single mobile wallet from which users can manage and control their finances while enabling a wide selection of highly secure financial services. With a dedicated center of excellence and business accelerator services, network operators and financial institutions can roll out and operate the solution with maximum cost efficiencies.
Amdocs Mobile Financial Services solution enhancements:
- Online merchant checkout payments supports the fast growth of e-commerce in emerging markets with online retailers able to accept e-money on their website checkout page from a consumer's mobile wallet account. The solution enables any consumer to register with an MFS provider's mobile wallet service and use the account for online shopping. This provides an alternative payment method and removes customer dependency on a credit card or bank account to make an online purchase. At the same time, the retailer's costs are reduced given the favorable transaction charges compared to a card payment and their reliance on cash on delivery is removed.
- One-click bulk transactions attracts new customer segments by enabling high-volume transactions, such as mass-user registrations and payment transfers, including salary and government benefits disbursements that can be processed in one click.
- A unified wallet solution for MFS agents increases their efficiency by enabling them to use one wallet for both top-up and MFS transactions such as payment and money transfer, thus eliminating the need to fund two separate wallets, making customer transactions more efficient and leading to a better customer experience.
- Priority wallet gives MFS providers flexibility for applying varying rules and fees for different transactions and services.
"In economies still dominated by cash transactions, increasing usage, building the ecosystem and user adoption are among the biggest challenges for mobile financial service providers," said Patrick McGrory, division president for Amdocs' emerging offerings. "Until now, the vast majority of global mobile money transactions were either mobile airtime purchases or person-to-person transfers. The industry needs innovative solutions that can help MFS providers build new use cases, increase service delivery channels to reach new user segments, build effective partner ecosystems, and quickly roll out easy-to-use affordable services for the end user that are sustainable and profitable. These enhancements further strengthen the Amdocs Mobile Financial Services solution to better address the needs of the unbanked and under-banked populations worldwide, while providing the ability to offer an innovative new service to excite and inspire customers, driving loyalty."
- Learn more about the Amdocs Mobile Financial Services solution
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Meet with Amdocs at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, March 2-5, 2015 – Hall3, Booth 3G10
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control and optimization product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.6 billion in fiscal 2014, Amdocs and its more than 22,000 employees serve customers in over 80 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs' ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2014 filed on December 8, 2014 and our quarterly 6-K form furnished on February 9, 2015.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Sara Preto Fusion PR for Amdocs Tel: +1-212-651-4214 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org