NEW YORK, March 3, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Medley Management Inc. ("Medley") (NYSE:MDLY), an asset management firm that provides capital to middle market companies in the U.S., announced today that it provided capital directly to over 35 borrowers in 2014.
Select 2014 investments include:
- An $85.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a full-service platform that provides transactional services to the hotel and lodging industry
- A $69.5 million senior secured 1st lien loan to and preferred stock investment in a property restoration provider
- A $48.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a global supplier of mission-critical electrical components to OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers
- A $47.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a company that invests in asset managers
- A $25.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a manufacturer of packaging materials
- A $40.0 million senior secured loan to a company that manages a portfolio of stabilized, Class-A multifamily properties located in the Southeast United States
- A $37.0 million senior secured 2nd lien loan to a designer of specialty fasteners for automobile manufacturers
"I am proud of the accomplishments of our 80-person team," said Brook Taube, CEO of Medley Management Inc. "We are grateful for the partnerships we have with our investors, the financial sponsor community, brokers, and our borrowers, who collectively made our successes in 2014 possible. Today, we support over 150 companies in the U.S. middle market that employ over 300,000 people."
In addition, The Riverside Company and J.H. Whitney Capital Partners, two sponsors that worked with Medley in 2014, added:
"Medley is a strong partner to Riverside and its portfolio companies. Medley has supported Riverside companies with flexible capital at critical junctures in the companies' life cycles. Importantly, Medley's support has been consistently focused on long-term enterprise value, and they have been creative in working with us to find capital solutions to fuel growth," said Daniel Haynes at The Riverside Company.
"Medley's collaborative approach to investing has helped to build a strong relationship with J. H. Whitney Capital Partners. Medley demonstrated a flexible and streamlined process through tailored structures and prompt feedback that resulted in a smooth and efficient close," said Robert M. Williams Jr. at J.H. Whitney Capital Partners, LLC.
Medley is an asset management firm offering yield solutions to retail and institutional investors. Medley's national direct origination franchise, with over 80 people, is a premier provider of capital to the middle market in the U.S. As of September 30, 2014, Medley had in excess of $3.6 billion of investable capital in business development companies, Medley Capital Corporation (NYSE:MCC) and Sierra Income Corporation, and private investment vehicles. Over the past 12 years, we have invested in excess of $5.1 billion to help over 285 companies grow across 35 industries in North America. For additional information, please visit Medley Management Inc. at www.mdly.com.
For Investor and Corporate Inquiries Contact:
Head of Capital Markets & Strategy
New York Office
For New Transaction Inquiries Contact:
James A. Feeley III
Head of Investing
New York Office
Head of Direct Lending - Eastern Region
New York Office
Source:Medley Management Inc