SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gladstein, Neandross and Associates (GNA), organizers of the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, today announced the featured speaker lineup for its 2015 conference and exhibition taking place May 4 to 7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. Throughout the four-day event, attendees will gain insight into the promising future of alternative fuels and clean vehicle technologies–including electric, hybrid, hydrogen, natural gas, propane autogas, clean diesel, renewables, and efficiency technologies. View the full agenda.
Leading fleet operators will share insight into the business case behind their commitment to deploying alternative fuel vehicles and expanding infrastructure—despite the recent dip in oil prices. From mitigating the impact of volatile petroleum prices to proactively addressing continually tightening emissions regulations, attendees will learn how alternative fuels provide fleets with a competitive advantage in the near- and long-term. Keynote presentations will be provided by:
- Gregg Roden, SVP, productivity & sustainability, Frito-Lay | Tuesday, May 5 — Frito-Lay operates an AFV fleet of nearly 300 electric trucks, 200+ CNG trucks, 650+ hybrids, and a growing number of propane autogas and biodiesel vehicles. Roden will share why the $13 billion division of PepsiCo is set on becoming the most fuel-efficient fleet in the country.
- David Steiner, president & CEO, Waste Management | Wednesday, May 6 — Waste Management operates the largest fleet of heavy-duty trucks in North America. Hear from Waste Management's president and CEO, David Steiner, about the company's continued leadership role in investing in alternative fuels for vehicles and related infrastructure.
The energy industry's most recognized leaders will shed light on the critical role alternative fuels play in the transportation sector. During dynamic plenary sessions, attendees will gain an inside viewpoint on the cyclical nature of oil market pricing, the underlying long-term oil supply-demand imbalance, why it's inevitable that prices will be heading north again, and how fleets that switch to alternative fuels today will come out on top. Featured industry speakers include:
- T. Boone Pickens, founder, chairman and CEO, BP Capital
- David J. Porter, commissioner, Railroad Commission of Texas
- Rusty Rush, chairman of the Board, president, and CEO, Rush Enterprises
During TED-talk style presentations and an executive roundtable, attendees will hear from progressive fleet operators that are driving clean transportation innovation in the midst of an ever-changing market. Featured fleet speakers include:
- Gary Thomas, president and executive director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Mayor Greg Ballard, City of Indianapolis (Invited)
- Mike Whitlatch, vice president, global energy and procurement, UPS
- Elizabeth Fretheim, director of logistics sustainability, Walmart
- Drew Cullen, senior vice president of fuels and facilities services, Penske Truck Leasing
The 2015 ACT Expo program is planned in partnership with leading industry associations—including the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC), the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), Trucking Efficiency, NGV Global, BSR Future of Fuels, and the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities team, among many others.
The full speaker agenda will be announced in the coming weeks. To learn more, visit www.actexpo.com.
About Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA)
GNA is the leading North American consulting firm specializing in market development for low-emission and alternative fuel vehicle technologies, infrastructure and fuels for both on and off-road applications. For more than 20 years, GNA has pioneered the nation's largest and most innovative alternative fuel vehicle projects, including the development of several successful clean fuel corridor projects. In addition to its technical consulting practice, GNA hosts two of North America's leading alternative fuel and advanced vehicle technology conferences—the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo and the High Horsepower (HHP) Summit. www.gladstein.org
CONTACT: Charlotte Medlock Gladstein, Neandross & Associates 424-744-4482 email@example.comSource:Gladstein Neandross & Associates