TEWKSBURY, Mass., March 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Our pets can't talk to us, so how do we know when they're feeling their best and receiving the nutrients they need to support activity levels and total body health? Wellness® Natural Pet Food announces today the "Five Signs of Wellness," an effort to educate pet parents on the visible indicators of overall health and wellbeing in their pets: skin & coat health, digestive health, energy, immunity, and eyes, teeth and gum health.
"Pets are members of our families and it's important that we understand how to recognize the signs of their overall health," says Camelle Kent, Chief Commercial Officer at Wellness Natural Pet Food. "Veterinarian visits only happen once or twice a year, but you can see the 'Five Signs of Wellness' in your pet every single day."
Balanced nutrition through quality ingredients like protein-rich meats and whole fruits and vegetables is the key to a long, happy life for pets and their parents alike. Foods that are made with wholesome, natural and consciously-sourced ingredients, like those found in Wellness® Complete Health® wet and dry food for dogs and cats give pets the nutrients they need. All Wellness Complete Health recipes provide the perfect balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates, as well as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Every ingredient is carefully chosen and is free from meat by-products, potential allergens like corn, soy and wheat as well as artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives.
By discovering the "Five Signs of Wellness" and all the ways to notice them in pets, pet parents can learn to identify when their pet is happy and healthy:
- Skin and Coat: Clear skin and a soft, shiny coat invite longer snuggles and are signs that pets are getting enough essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids in their diet.
- Digestive Health: Upset stomachs can slow your pet down, but regularity in their digestive system gives them the carefree feeling for added tail-wagging and run-around time, supported by probiotics, prebiotics and fiber in their diets.
- Eyes, Teeth and Gums: Nothing beats bright eyes looking up at you saying, "I love you" with a big smile.Clear eyes with no excess tearing, and clean teeth and gums with no inflammation are signs that they're getting proper essential nutrients.
- Immunity: A strong immune system, supported by essential vitamins and minerals, means less downtime and more playtime for your pet.
- Energy: Enough energy to keep up with the family and give that over-the-top greeting when you walk in the front door is a sign that you pet is getting balanced nutrition from high-quality proteins and carbohydrates.
WellnessComplete Health recipes are all carefully formulated to provide whole-body nutritional support across all stages of a pet's life. Each delicious recipe features Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids and is designed to be easily digestible so the body absorbs food's vital nutrients to support a pet's overall wellbeing.
To learn more about the 5 Signs of Wellness, visit www.5signsofwellness.com, and to show how you've seen the signs of wellness in your pet, tag your photos on social media with #5signsofWellness.
At Wellness, we do whatever it takes to create the healthiest foods for the pets that depend on us. We believe food feeds their souls, sustains their lives and protects their bodies. For each of our recipes we never compromise - selecting nature's finest ingredients and combining them with unique super nutrients to help support whole body health and wellbeing. Like you, we know that our pets provide us unconditional love, and providing uncompromising nutrition is one way we can do the same for them. Unconditional Love, Uncompromising Nutrition®.
CONTACT: Sarah Pariseau 360 Public Relations firstname.lastname@example.org 617-585-5767Source: WellPet