BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 6, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Horizon®, a leading national organic dairy brand, today announced the launch of six new snack and mac & cheese products. The new products are an extension of Horizon's mac & cheese and snack lines introduced early last year. All of the new products fall on the organic spectrum and are regulated by the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP). The new products include: Horizon Super Squeeze™ pouches, Horizon Organic Apple Clusters and Fruit Crunchers, Horizon Organic Fruit Snacks, Horizon Organic Gluten-Free Mac and Horizon Microwaveable ClassicMac™.
"As the demand for convenient snacks and meals continues to grow, we're proud to offer new Horizon products made with the goodness of organic ingredients that meet the needs of today's busy families," said Mike Ferry, Horizon president. "Our new Super Squeeze pouches, Apple Clusters and Fruit Crunchers, and Fruit Snacks are great snack options, while our Organic Gluten-Free Mac and Microwaveable Classic Mac make for smart mealtime solutions."
Like all Horizon products, these six new snacking and mac & cheese products fall on the organic spectrum, are third-party certified and regulated by the USDA's NOP. The labels on the new products clearly designate which are organic and which are made with organic. The organic varieties carry the USDA Organic Seal and contain at least 95 percent certified organic ingredients, while the made with organic products contain at least 70 percent certified organic ingredients. The NOP prohibits the use of GMOs within organic food production, and all Horizon Mac & Cheese products are made with real, Horizon organic cheese.
The new products include:
- Horizon Super Squeeze™ pouches (MSRP – $4.99). These unique pouches feature a creamy, tasty blend of milk and fruit. They are an excellent source of calcium and have 5g of protein per serving, making for a nutrient-packed pouch. Packed lunches and on-the-go snacks are easy with these single-serve, shelf-stable pouches that are available in Mixed Berry Burst, Strawberry Bash and Orange Blast varieties, all of which are made with organic ingredients, including Horizon USDA-certified organic milk.
- Horizon Organic Apple Clusters and Fruit Crunchers (MSRP – $4.49). Complete with a kid-pleasing crunch, these USDA-certified organic fruit clusters and crunchers are all made with real fruit. They are conveniently packaged in single-serve pouches, making them perfect for packed lunches and snacks. The Apple Clusters come in a Cinnamon flavor, while the Fruit Crunchers are available in Apple and Toasted Coconut varieties.
- Horizon Organic Fruit Snacks (MSRP – $3.99). These USDA-certified organic fruit snacks come in fun, 3-D shapes and in tasty Berry Medley and Strawberry flavors. They have 32mg of DHA Omega-3 per serving and are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Horizon Microwaveable ClassicMac™ (MSRP – $2.99). Made with organic ingredients, including USDA-certified organic wheat and cheese, this new microwavable mac is ready in minutes. Kids and parents alike will love its Macaroni & Mild Cheddar Cheese flavor.
- Horizon Organic Gluten-Free Mac (MSRP – $2.99). This new USDA-certified organic gluten-free mac & cheese is made with real Horizon organic cheese and pasta using flour made from a unique blend of organic lentils, rice and corn. A delicious go-to gluten-free dinner option, this mac & cheese is a good source of protein and calcium and is available in a Macaroni & White Cheddar Cheese variety.
These new pantry staples join Horizon's current line-up of USDA-certified organic dairy products. Horizon will continue to offer all of the same organic dairy products families have come to know and love from the brand, in addition to these new snack and mac & cheese products. The brand remains as committed as ever to producing high-quality organic dairy offerings and supporting the organic industry.
The new Horizon products are available at grocery stores nationwide. More information and a store locator tool are available at www.horizondairy.com.
Horizon believes the choice for a healthy family and a healthy planet should be an easy one. Horizon offers a delicious variety of certified organic dairy products to satisfy a broad range of consumer needs, and offers pantry staples such as Mac & Cheese. Horizon's commitment to a healthier planet includes offsetting the energy used to produce its products with clean, renewable wind power. Horizon works with more than 600 active and transitioning family farmers across the U.S. Founded in 1991, Horizon was a pioneer in the organic industry, the first company to supply organic milk nationally, and remains committed to providing great-tasting dairy products that make it easy for moms to provide nutritious options for their kids. For more information about Horizon's organic dairy products, visit www.horizondairy.com.
CONTACT: Sara Loveday WhiteWave Foods 303-635-4680 firstname.lastname@example.org