GETTYSBURG, Pa., March 6, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS, a leading health and human service market intelligence and management support firm, concluded the highly anticipated 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute last week. Hundreds of the industry's leading executives gathered in Clearwater Beach, Florida for the sold-out, two-day event focused on the emerging performance standards for organizations serving consumers with complex needs and the most effective management best practices to optimize organizational performance.
Arthur C. Evans Jr., Ph.D., Commissioner, Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health & Intellectual disability Services opened the institute with his presentation, "A New Future For Behavioral Health: Using Public Health Models To Manage Population Health." In the session, Dr. Evans addressed the emerging use of a public health framework to address population health management within the U.S. health care system and the changing role of behavioral health delivery systems in the evolving health care landscape. For OPEN MINDS Circle coverage of this presentation, see Moving Beyond The 10% To Be A 'High Value' Organization.
Manuel Arisso, JD, LHRM, Chief Executive Officer, Magellan Complete Care of Florida opened the second day of the institute with his session, "The Challenges & Opportunities Of Moving To Integrated Care Management." Mr. Arisso discussed how Magellan is involving consumers, caregivers, and professionals in an integrated care management system – and his thoughts on the future of care coordination for consumers with chronic, complex conditions. For OPEN MINDS Circle coverage of this presentation, see The Brave New World Of SMI Population Management – New Care Coordination Model, New Financing Model.
Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS closed the event with her plenary session, "The (Inescapable) New Value Equation In Health & Human Services: Why It Will Determine Who Succeeds." Ms. Oss presented perspectives on what the new definitions of performance mean for strategy and success in the future. For OPEN MINDS Circle coverage of this presentation, see Succeeding In The Face Of New Competition.
In addition to the plenary speakers, the institute was led by a prestigious team of faculty, including:
- Melanie Teves Bell, Ed.S., LMFT, Senior Vice President of Clinical Services, Manatee Glens
- Karen Brannon, Ph.D., Director of Research & Organizational Development, Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
- Carol Clayton, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Care Management Technologies
- Bruce Condit RN, BSN, CCM, Head of Behavioral Health Program Development, Aetna
- Michael Croghan, SVP, Chief Product Strategist & Technology Officer, Care Management Technologies & Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Instructor
- Sheila Fusé, Chief Executive Officer, Primary Partners, LLC
- Sonia Handforth-Kome, M.A., Chief Operating Officer, Valley Cities Counseling & Consultation
- Joel Leonard, Quality Management Director, Centerpoint Human Services
- Junqing Liu, Ph.D., MSW, Research Scientist, Performance Measurement, National Committee for Quality Assurance
- Leslie Mariner, Senior Business Development Executive, Relias Learning
- Matt Miller, National Vice President, BH Network Management and Operations, Magellan Health Services
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Amrita Sethi, M.B.A., D.H.A., Training & Workforce Administrator, Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care
- Anita Soutier, Director of Contracting, Cigna
- Chad Stephens, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Centerpoint Human Services
- Tom Tantillo, MSW, MBA, Vice President, Penn Foundation Behavioral Health, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Philip O. Toal, Ed.D., LMHC, CET, Sr. Vice President, Residential Services, Aspire Health Partners
- Albert J. Villapiano, Ed.D., Vice President of Clinical Development, Inflexxion, Inc.
- Natasha Walsh, Former Chief Learning Officer, Providence Services Corporation
- David Wawrzynek, MS, MBA, Chief Financial Officer, Spectrum Human Services
- Christy Winter, LMSW, Manager of Clinical Informatics & Outcomes, Qualifacts
The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute was powered by Askesis Development Group. In addition, the institute was sponsored by leading vendors in the health and human service field focused on serving complex consumers, including:
- Care Management Technologies
- Core Solutions, Inc.
- The Echo Group
- Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company
- The Joint Commission
- Netsmart Technologies
- Odyssey Software
- OnceLogix, LLC
- Qualifacts Systems, Inc.
- Relias Learning
- Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- TenEleven Group
- U Squared Interactive
In addition to The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, OPEN MINDS will host four other institutes throughout the year as part of their executive development program. OPEN MINDS executive institutes have become the "go-to" meetings on business practices for executives of payer and provider organizations serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs, including organizations focused on chronic care management, disability supports and long-term care, mental health services, addiction treatment, social services, intellectual and developmental disability supports, child and family services, juvenile justice, and corrections health care.
"At OPEN MINDS, our goal is to give executives the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to lead their organizations to success," said Monica E. Oss, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer. "The executive development program draws on our decades of experience tracking the behavioral health and human service market, as well as the expertise of our nationally acclaimed team of senior advisors and industry thought leaders from across the country."
The OPEN MINDS annual institutes are intensive educational experiences that offer in-depth information on industry trends, as well as the knowledge required for health and human service executives to successfully manage their organizations. The events feature interactive sessions, case studies, and networking opportunities to ensure that attendees leave with new skills and information that can be readily implemented. The upcoming events remaining on the 2015 schedule include:
- The 2015 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute: June 16-18, 2015 – Sheraton New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana. Learn more at http://www.openminds.com/strategy/
- The 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute: August 26-27, 2015 – San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, San Diego, California. Learn more at http://www.openminds.com/california/
- The 2015 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat: September 22-25, 2015 – Historic Gettysburg Hotel, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Learn more at http://www.openminds.com/leadership/
- The 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute: October 27-28, 2015 – Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C. Learn more at http://www.openminds.com/technology/
The 2016 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute will return to the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida on February 11-12, 2016. Discounted registration and sponsorship opportunities for next year's event are now available, including a special registration offer available here: https://www.openminds.com/performance/register/.
More information about the 2015 OPEN MINDS Executive Development Program can be found online at http://www.openminds.com/executive-education/.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is the premier market intelligence and management support firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. The mission of OPEN MINDS is to provide health and human service payers and provider organizations – and the organizations that serve them – with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing Phone: 717-334-1329 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Open Minds