STERLING, Va., March 9, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For any business enterprise looking for help with private cloud, backup, and disaster recovery (DR), there's no better choice than Virtacore, which took significant steps in 2014 to expand its cloud data center services and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
Virtacore forms new tech partnerships
Virtacore has enhanced its cloud services by forming new technology partnerships. Below are some notable developments:
- During the 4th quarter of 2014, with the release of Veeam Availability Suite v8, Virtacore became one of the first service provider partners to offer Veeam Cloud Connect, which is built around a 3-2-1 paradigm. The system ensures that users will always have three separate copies of their data, using at least two different media types.
- Virtacore has also experienced rapid uptake of Zerto-based DRaaS. Over half of new customers have leveraged this technology for both on-premise and cloud-based disaster recovery, as well as DR within the Virtacore Cloud.
- In addition, Virtacore continues to experience strong growth with its CoreREPLICATION offering based on Nimble Storage. Nimble offers users the ability to automatically and efficiently replicate data via a VPN Tunnel to a Nimble array in the cloud, providing off-site data storage and reducing bandwidth utilization.
No downtime in 2014
Enterprises who move their data to the cloud want to be certain it will be safe, secure and easily accessible when needed. The reliability goal for cloud vendors is typically "five nines" - as in 99.999% - but Virtacore can do even better. According to 2014 outage figures, as reported in Enterprise Tech, Virtacore was in a small but elite class of cloud providers with zero downtime this past year. 100.000% uptime is no small task.
George Naspo, President & CEO, Virtacore
"2014 was a banner year for Virtacore, as we grew the business significantly and bolstered our already rock-solid cloud infrastructure. We also experienced zero downtime in 2014, a testament to the reliability and redundancy of Virtacore's enterprise cloud, as well as the dedication of our team around the clock."
About Virtacore Systems
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider specializing in virtual infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions utilizing VMware and built on best-of-class enterprise cloud platform technologies. With many years of experience in cloud and Internet services, Virtacore has a long and solid history of providing IaaS and disaster recovery (DR) solutions to meet the critical needs of clients. Virtacore enables the following Private Cloud services for its customers:
- Virtacloud Reserve - for clients who require dedicated discrete hardware in Virtacore's secure private cloud environment
- Virtacloud Power - a secure, flexible, multi-tenant cloud solution
In addition, Virtacore specializes in DR and Backup services, including:
- CoreDR - powered by Zerto
- CoreBACKUP - powered by Veeam
- CoreRECOVERY - powered by VMware
- CoreREPLICATION - powered by Nimble
Based in Sterling, Virginia, Virtacore maintains a broad U.S. footprint and serves domestic and international enterprise clients. Virtacore is backed by Insight Venture partners, a global private equity and venture capital firm.
Virtacore will be hosting CIO DC, a disaster recovery-focused exclusive CIO Event in Washington, D.C., on April 14, 2015. Special guests from Nimble Storage and Zerto will share market trends and information regarding disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) solutions - a perfect stepping stone for companies desiring to make the move to cloud computing. All IT Executives will have a complimentary pass to the event.
Upcoming Virtacore events include:
CIO Camp - April 14, 2015
MidTech and CIO Visions - May 3-5, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
CIO Forum - May 17-19, 2015
MidTech Fall Mid-Market IT Summit, October 4-6, 2015
To learn more, visit www.virtacore.com or Twitter @virtacore.
CONTACT: Lisa Hoang email@example.com