San Francisco, California, March 10, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global alpha olefins market is expected to reach USD 10.7 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for polyethylene on account of its versatile application is expected to drive the global alpha olefins market. Growth of automotive and consumer goods industries in Asia Pacific and Latin America is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Volatile raw material prices of key raw materials coupled and stringent environmental regulations are expected to remain key challenges for market participants over the next six years. Growing R&D investment for development of bio-based alpha olefins are expected to yield opportunities for industry participants.
Browse to see full research report on Global Alpha Olefins Market with detailed Charts and Figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alpha-olefins-market
1-hexene was the largest product segment with 24.2% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing demand for polyethylene is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment. 1-hexene is also expected to witness the highest growth rate of 4.6% over the forecast period. Global demand for 1-butene is expected to exceed USD 2 billion by 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global alpha olefins demand was 3,824.8 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 5,161.8 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Polyethylene emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 61.6% of total market volume in 2013. Growth of key end-use industries such as automotive and consumer goods is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment. Polyethylene is also expected to witness the highest growth rate of 5.0% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America was the leading regional market and accounted for 45.5% of total market volume in 2013. North America is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. Shale gas boom in the U.S. is expected to ensure continuous supply of key raw materials such as ethylene, which is expected to have a positive impact on the regional market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate on account of growth of key end-use industries particularly in high growth countries such as China, India and Indonesia over the forecast period. The regional market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 6.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Global alpha olefins market is highly consolidated with top four companies accounting for over 60% of total market. Some major companies operating in the global alpha olefins market include Shell Chemicals Ltd., Chevron Phillips, Ineos Oligomers, and Qatar Chemical Company II. Other companies include Sasol, ExxonMobil, SABIC, Idemitsu-Petrochemical, Mitsubishi Chemicals and The Dow Chemical Company.
Get more information on Global Alpha Olefins Market or request for sample of this report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alpha-olefins-market
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the alpha olefins market on the basis of product, application and region:
Global Alpha Olefins Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Global Alpha Olefins Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Detergent Alcohol
- Synthetic Lubricant
Global Alpha Olefins Regional Outlook ( Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse to see more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Grand View Research
Source:Grand View Research