BERLIN, March 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HERE, a map app with true offline maps, navigation and search, is now available to download for free from the App Store.
After more than 4 million downloads of its Android app, with this release - the first native HERE app for iOS - HERE is now available on all leading mobile operating systems.
HERE for iOS offers iPhone users* access to high quality, accurate maps through a beautiful interface. Features include:
- maps for more than 150 countries available to download and use offline;
- voice-guided, turn-by-turn drive or pedestrian navigation for 118 countries, with or without an internet connection;
- public transit routing for more than 950 cities in more than 50 countries, available offline;
- a unified route planner with estimated arrival times, making it easier and more convenient to compare different options for walking, taking public transit or driving;
- real-time traffic information for more than 40 countries, including France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Sean Fernback, President of HERE, said: "We want to bring our maps and services to as many people as possible, no matter whether they are in the car or using a smartphone or smartwatch. Bringing the HERE experience to iOS is a natural step for us as we now extend our reach to all major mobile platforms."
Nitesh Patel, Director, Wireless Media Strategies at Strategy Analytics, said: "Extending the reach of its apps to both Android and iOS is the right move for HERE. The company has leading capabilities in the field of digital maps and location, and making them available through free apps to as many people as possible will not only help in growing its reach to consumers, but will also have benefits for other parts of HERE's business. In both automotive and enterprise markets, people's familiarity with HERE services will help build a platform for success in the age of the connected car and the internet of things."
For more information including a product video, screen shots and photos, please visit the HERE 360 blog.
* Minimum requirement is an iPhone 4S with iOS7
HERE, a Nokia company, is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We build high-definition (HD) maps and combine them with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices - from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com.