ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Allworx Corp., a Windstream (Nasdaq:WIN) company, today introduced Allworx Connect™, a new family of VoIP communication systems designed for Small- and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs). Supported by the new Allworx System Software 8.0, the Connect series boasts faster processing power, enhanced Codec support, native Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, improved mobile connectivity and better system security.
"The main idea behind the Connect systems was to build a robust family of VoIP systems that serves as a platform for the exciting software-based features and functionality we are introducing in 2015 and beyond," said Chris Hasenauer, vice president and general manager at Allworx. "The Connect series packs in the speed and power necessary to support innovative voice communication features that enhance the user experience at their desks, on their mobile devices and on their PCs."
"The small and mid-size enterprise markets are seeking secure IP-based telephony solutions that blend simplicity with a feature set that enables increased flexibility, enhanced mobility and greater customer responsiveness," stated Rob Arnold, industry principal and program manager at Frost & Sullivan. "Allworx's new series of Connect systems provides customers with a next-generation VoIP communication platform that's much faster, more secure and enables greater mobility."
Meet the Connect System Family
The Connect series includes five models with capacities ranging from 20 to 180 maximum users:
- Connect 731 – up to 180 users, three Gigabit network ports, two FXO ports, one T1 port
- Connect 536 – up to 50 users, three Gigabit network ports, six FXO ports
- Connect 530 – up to 50 users, three Gigabit network ports
- Connect 324 – up to 20 users, two Gigabit network ports, four FXO ports
- Connect 320 – up to 20 users, two Gigabit network ports
Together with System Software 8.0, the Connect series provides significant enhancements, including:
- Improved mobile connectivity with Allworx Reach Link™: Reach Link enables Allworx Reach™ mobile app users on Android and iOS devices to move freely across a WiFi network to a mobile data network, and vice versa, while they are on active voice calls
- Support for G.711u, G.711a and G.729A codecs to increase network bandwidth efficiency and improve interoperability
- Native Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Enhanced security: Enables HTTPS encryption when accessing the web-based Allworx administration page for system administrators and My Allworx Manager for end-users
- Allworx Migrate™: This free tool simplifies upgrading to a Connect system from any existing Allworx system. Connect the two systems to a PC and Migrate will guide the user through each of the work steps. Migrate can also work with any Allworx systems running System Software 8.0
To see the complete Connect system features, please download the Connect product brochure here.
Connect 731 is available late March through Allworx Authorized Distributors, with the remaining systems available in late April 2015.
Headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., Allworx is an award-winning maker of VoIP communication systems for SMBs and a wholly owned subsidiary of Windstream. Allworx provides a complete portfolio of VoIP systems, IP phones, network switches and advanced software options to help SMBs create solutions tailored to meet their unique needs. Allworx has deployed more than 40,000 VoIP systems and more than 600,000 IP phones across more than 25,000 business customers to date. Allworx is available to SMBs through a network of 1,000+ independent resellers in the U.S., Canada and Latin America, and also as Windstream IP Simple, a managed monthly subscription service that combines Allworx with VoIP and data services from Windstream. For more information, please visit www.allworx.com.
Windstream, a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. For more information, visit the company's online newsroom at news.windstream.com or follow on Twitter at @WindstreamNews.
Source:Windstream Holdings, Inc.