- Innovative end-to-end solution integrates all health system purchasing and operational activities
- Real-time, actionable information across the continuum of care enables transparency for more efficient practices
- Interoperability enables communication with other solutions for flexibility in managing entire procurement process
CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 18, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Premier, Inc. (Nasdaq:PINC) has introduced an innovative end-to-end cloud-based SaaS (software-as-a-service) solution designed for health systems to manage their entire procurement process across the continuum of care.
Powered by Premier's integrated performance improvement platform PremierConnect®, PremierConnect Supply Chain is a comprehensive, real-time and flexible procure-to-pay and supply chain analytics suite. It allows users to easily measure supply chain and operational performance, identify inefficiencies and take quick action. The integrated solution manages the procurement process by synchronizing data to ensure pricing is accurate, savings are realized, and efficiencies are driven that improve outcomes across the entire health system.
"When it comes to managing expenses in healthcare, supply spend is typically second only to labor," said Lowell Church, vice president of Material Management, Adventist Health, an early adopter of PremierConnect Supply Chain. "Many health systems are still operating their supply chains using a variety of different data systems with information that is 30-90 days old. Today, this data isn't standardized across all of their facilities. Providers really need a timely, integrated supply chain with real-time data to drive quick, holistic decisions that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs. PremierConnect Supply Chain is breakthrough technology that makes this fast and easy."
PremierConnect Supply Chain enables data-driven purchasing and operational decisions across hospitals, health systems and growing integrated care delivery networks alike. Its interoperable functionality allows it to communicate with other procurement solutions.
"The lack of interoperability in procurement systems creates both a cumbersome and costly purchasing process," said Keith J. Figlioli, senior vice president of Healthcare Informatics, Premier. "Health systems, especially those that are acquiring new facilities, need a cohesive and transparent view of all areas in the procurement process. Think of PremierConnect Supply Chain like your smartphone where you can check your bank account, make a purchase and email a coworker on one device. It's not just a phone."
PremierConnect Supply Chain incorporates capabilities from Aperek, acquired by Premier in August 2014 to accelerate the development of integrated and compelling purchasing workflow solutions that drive operational efficiency and improve financial decision making. Other capabilities include:
- Real-time supply analytics that analyze spend across the continuum of care (by facility, physician, alternate site, service line, etc.) to help users understand exactly when, where and why spend is changing. This enables richer supply chain comparisons and visibility to spend throughout a health system, providing actionable insights into utilization patterns across all contracts.
- Online sourcing and contract management to optimize and electronically manage all contract decisions, including pricing, terms and expirations.
- Customizable catalog management that rapidly aggregates, cleanses and normalizes disparate data from different systems, and standardizes purchases to identify price discrepancies for full control of all orders.
- ERP/materials management capabilities enabling users to plan, buy, receive, pay and manage the procurement process while integrating, monitoring and executing daily work streams across all sites of care.
In development for more than two years, PremierConnect Supply Chain has been tested and adopted by several health systems, including:
- Adventist Health, a faith-based, not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system with 19 hospitals, headquartered in Roseville, California.
- Atlantic General Hospital, a state-of-the-art facility in Berlin, Maryland.
- Fairview Health Services, a nonprofit academic health system with six hospitals, headquartered in Minneapolis.
- Memorial Healthcare System, the third-largest public healthcare system in the nation with six hospitals, headquartered in Hollywood, Florida.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, the largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital in South Florida.
Additionally, Scottsdale Lincoln Health Network, which expanded its relationship with Premier last October to become a member owner, recently added PremierConnect Supply Chain to help manage its procurement process. One of Arizona's most respected non-profit health systems, Scottsdale Lincoln Health Network includes five acute care hospitals, the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, an extensive primary care physician network, urgent care centers, clinical research and medical education facilities, and two accountable care organizations.
HIMSS15 attendees can view a demo of PremierConnect Supply Chain at booth #5081 April 12-16.
About Premier, Inc.
Premier, Inc. (Nasdaq:PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of approximately 3,400 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and advisory and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier's news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com; as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Foursquare and Premier's blog for more information about the company.
CONTACT: Morgan Bridges-Guthrie, Premier, Inc.; Morgan_Bridges@PremierInc.com; 704.816.4152