NEW YORK, March 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Epiq Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:EPIQ), a leading global provider of integrated technology solutions for the legal profession, will host two webcasts addressing data breach preparedness and response on March 24 and March 31. In these live webcasts, industry experts will provide an audience of risk and compliance officers, IT professionals, legal counsel and corporate executives with practical advice on safeguarding information, reducing risk and rapid response techniques.
"Increasingly, it's not a matter of if, but when you'll encounter a data breach threat," said Brookes Taney, vice president of data breach solutions, Epiq Systems. "Cyber-criminals are getting smarter, litigation stemming from data breaches is on the rise, and regulatory agencies are taking note – education and preparation are critical to reducing risk and protecting sensitive data."
In the first webcast, "An Ounce of Prevention: Preparing for a New Era of Data Breaches, Part 1," attendees will learn how to deploy information governance strategies to defend against data breaches. In the second webcast, "A Pound of Cure: A Proactive Approach to Data Breach Defense, Part 2," panelists will deliver a tactical overview of breach response plans in action.
An Ounce of Prevention: Preparing for a New Era of Data Breaches, Part 1
Tuesday, March 24 at 1 p.m. ET
- How recent data breaches have affected breach preparation
- What types of information are at highest risk of a breach, how to assess those information stores, and how effective data placement strategies minimize risk
- Gaining buy-in for breach preparation and information governance by forming a cross-functional committee to lead the charge
- Resources available to mitigate risk, raise awareness, and instigate proactive behavioral changes
- Practical approaches to develop and support the initiative
Click to register: http://tinyurl.com/databreachpart1
A Pound of Cure: A Proactive Approach to Data Breach Defense, Part 2
Tuesday, March 31 at 1 p.m. ET
- Data mapping and data placement strategies
- Remediating data at risk
- The importance of behavioral change management as a key part of implementation
- Conduct table-top breach response exercises
- How to determine the extent of a data breach
- How to prevent further leakage
- Manage messaging and client expectations
- Identify and fix the problems that led to the breach
- Third-party audits
Click to register: http://tinyurl.com/databreachpart2
Jon Bosco, Managing Partner, eDelta Consulting
Mark Diamond, Founder, President & CEO, Contoural
Jim Giszczak, Member, Vice Chair, Litigation Department, McDonald Hopkins
Katherine Keefe, Global Focus Group Leader, Beazley Group
Dominic Paluzzi, Associate, McDonald Hopkins
Sue Yi, Breach Response Services, Beazley Group
David Rohde, JD, LL.M., IGP, Senior Director of Consulting Services, Epiq Systems
Brookes Taney, Vice President of Breach Solutions, Epiq Systems
About Epiq Systems
Epiq Systems is a leading global provider of integrated technology solutions for the legal profession, including electronic discovery, bankruptcy, and class action and mass tort administration. We also offer full-service capabilities to support litigation, investigations, financial transactions, regulatory compliance and other legal matters. Our innovative technology and services, deep subject-matter expertise and global presence spanning 45 countries served from 20 locations allow us to provide secure, reliable solutions to the worldwide legal community. Visit us at www.epiqsystems.com.
Source:Epiq Systems, Inc.