NEW YORK & MIAMI, March 20, 2015—CNBC, MSNBC, NBC News and Telemundo today announced their plans for eMerge Americas, a groundbreaking technology conference taking place in Miami on May 1-5, 2015. As part of the multi-year media partnership between eMerge Americas and the NBCUniversal News Group, viewers and users across all of the networks will gain exclusive access to unique programming from the event.
Full coverage plans to date include:
- CNBC's "Fast Money" (M-F, 5PM ET), anchored by Melissa Lee, will broadcast live from the event. In addition, CNBC's Chief International Correspondent Michelle Caruso-Cabrera will report live from eMerge Americas for CNBC's Business Day programming.
- MSNBC's "The Rundown with José Díaz-Balart" (Weekdays, 9AM) will broadcast live Monday, May 4th and MSNBC reporters will cover eMerge Americas live for msnbc.com/shift.
- Based in Miami, Telemundo plans to send multiple programs to cover eMerge Americas:
- Telemundo's "Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart" (Sunday, 12PM) will air a segment about eMerge on Sunday, May 3rd.
- Telemundo's Diego Schoening will report live Monday, May 4th and Tuesday, May 5th for "Un Nuevo Día" (M-F, 7AM-10AM).
- Telemundo's "Al Rojo Vivo" (M-F, 4PM), hosted by María Celeste Arrarás, will feature stories about fashion and technology.
- The websites of these NBCUniversal networks will be the exclusive destination for live streaming portions of eMerge Americas
In addition, NBC News' Chuck Todd, moderator of "Meet the Press," MSNBC and Telemundo's José Díaz-Balart and CNBC's Melissa Lee will moderate panels at the event.
eMerge Americas 2015 is expected to attract more than 10,000 attendees, hundreds of top companies and the world's leading disruptors and thought leaders. Key elements on this year's agenda include:
- eGov: Government Innovation Summit – Prominent mayors and government officials from around the globe gather to address the challenges faced by accelerated urbanization and how to transform their urban communities into Smart Cities through the power of innovative technology.
- Startup Showcase – Entrepreneurs from over 100 start-up incubators/accelerators from Latin America and Europe compete for funding from well-known investors.
- Country Pavilions – Participating nations from the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia showcase their local innovations and connect with strategic partners, generate new international leads and become a part of the ever-expanding technological transformation in the Americas.
- Women, Innovation & Technology (WIT) – A one-day summit showcasing top female professionals from different industries discussing how they are transforming the business landscape through technology and innovation.
About NBCUniversal News Group:
The NBCUniversal News Group is one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, reaching over 147 million people each month. The Group includes NBC News, a broadcast leader of global news and information for over 75 years and home to such respected programs as "NBC Nightly News," "Today," "Meet the Press," and "Dateline;" MSNBC, the premiere destination for in-depth analysis of daily headlines, insightful political commentary and informed perspectives reaching more than 96 million households worldwide; CNBC, the recognized world leader in business news reaching more that 370 million homes worldwide as well as The Weather Channel and digital platforms including the NBC News Digital Group, msnbc.com, CNBC.com. The NBCUniversal News Group also extends on its nationwide network of owned and affiliate stations, NBC News and CNBC Radio; as well as MSNBC on Sirius XM radio.
Telemundo,a division of NBCUniversal Hispanic Enterprises and Content, is a world-classmedia company, leading the industry in the production and distribution ofhigh-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio toU.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. Telemundo's multiple platformsinclude the Telemundo Network, a Spanish-language television network featuringoriginal productions, theatrical motion pictures, news and first-class sportsevents, reaching U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets through its 17 ownedstations, broadcast and MVPD affiliates; Telemundo Digital Media, whichdistributes Telemundo's original content across digital and emerging platformsincluding mobile devices and www.telemundo.com;an owned and operated full power station in Puerto Rico that reaches 99% of allTV households in that DMA; and Telemundo Internacional, the internationaldistribution arm which has positioned Telemundo as the second largest providerof Spanish-language content worldwide by syndicating content to more than 100countries in over 35 languages.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/cnbc/.