WASHINGTON, March 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser and U.S. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton will be among the top high-profile attendees at the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GWHCC) 6th Annual Business Expo: Connections, Opportunities and Growth on March 24 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. from 9am to 7pm.
More than 2,000 attendees and 150 exhibitors are expected at GWHCC's premier event for Hispanic businesses. The event will feature speed networking, business matchmaking, workshops, an international row showcasing 15 companies from Latin America who are looking to import their products and services to the U.S., and the Million Dollar Club panel presenting five Hispanic millionaires who will share with participants how they started their business and the challenges they faced.
Hispanics remain the fastest growing ethnic group in the U.S., and they are among the most entrepreneurial. Nationwide, there are more than 3 million Hispanic-owned companies that are now generating an estimated $500 billion in annual sales. In the D.C. metro area the number of majority Hispanic-owned businesses increased 53.5 percent from 2002 to 2007 to 44,428. Although the number of Hispanic-owned businesses is rising, their owners still face challenges in order to grow their business.
The GWHCC created the Business Expo: Connections, Opportunities and Growth to provide a powerful platform that would offer tools and resources for Hispanic and District businesses to grow; including matching businesses with organizations and companies that will help start their business, get certified, get access to capital and meet with potential buyers of their products and services. The Expo has successfully increased participation from 500 attendees and 70 exhibitors in 2010 to 1,800 attendees and 130 exhibitors in 2014.
Bowser will deliver the event's opening remarks during the Ribbon Cutting ceremony at 9 a.m. The event will be emceed by Alejandro Negron, Anchor and Producer of Hispanic Agenda and Scott Thuman, Senior Political Reporter for ABC7 News and News Channel 8.
A complete agenda can at the following link: http://bit.ly/1eG8d0b
This event is free and open to the members of the press. For media credentialing, please contact Pamela Nieto at 202-340-5157 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For attendee and exhibit registration, please register onsite.
|What:||GWHCC 2015 Business Expo: Connections Opportunities and Growth|
|When:||March 24/ 9 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Who:||Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton|
- Mayor Muriel Bowser
- DC Councilwoman At-Large Elissa Silverman
- DC Councilmember At-Large Vincent Orange
- Ward 7 DC Councilwoman Yvette Alexander
- Arlington County Board member J. Walter Tejada
- Roger Campos Business Ombudsman at the Office of Maryland Governor Larry Hogan
- Ben Wu, Deputy Secretary of the Department of Business and Economic Development at the Maryland's Governor's Office
- Lillian Cruz, Department Director Constituent Services for U.S. Congressman Chris Van Hollen
- Ambassador of El Salvador Francisco Altschul
- Leonardo Quintero Cristancho, General Consul at the Consulate of Colombia
- Keny Yamileth Lopez de Zuleta, General Consul at the Consulate of El Salvador
- Jose Carlos Mendoza Sanchez, Consul General of the Consulate of Mexico
- Monica Palacio, Director at the DC Office of Human Rights
- Ana Harvey, Director of Department of Small and Local Business Development
- Sharon Jackson, Acting Executive Director at Prince George's County Supplier Diversity Division
- Jackie Reyes, Director at Mayor's Office on Latino Affairs
- Gwen McCall, President and CEO at Prince George's County Economic Development Corporation
- Nicholas Majett, Acting Chief Administrative Officer at Prince George's County Government
- Mila Kofman, Executive Director of DC Health Link
- Greg O'Dell, President and CEO, Events DC
- Harry Wingo, President and CEO at DC Chamber of Commerce
- John Sanbrailo, Executive Director at Pan American Development Foundation
- Elliott Ferguson, President and CEO of Destination DC
- Kathy Hollinger, President and CEO of Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington
- Rosie Allen- Herring, President and CEO at United Way of the National Capital Area
|Where:||Walter E. Washington Convention Center – Hall D|
|801 Mt Vernon Place NW|
|Washington, DC 20001|
|Located between 7th and 9th Streets and N Street and Mt. Vernon Place.|
|Metro Access via Green/Yellow Line to Mount Vernon Square – 7th Street Convention Center.|
Thank you to our 2015 sponsors: Presenting Sponsors: Pepco, Exelon; Presenting Partners: DC HealthLink, Department of Small and Local Business Development; Presenting Media: LatinaSTYLE, Telemundo, El Zol; Gold: Erie Insurance, EventsDC, Kaiser Permanente; Internet Café: Verizon; Lanyard: Microsoft; Life Development: AARP; Health and Wellness: Providence Hospital, Walgreens; Workforce Development and Education: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority; Exhibitor Lunch: DC Office of Human Rights; Sign: Gelberg Signs; Business Matchmaking: My Business Matches, M&T Bank, Walmart, Sam's Club; International Row: PADF; Partners: Freddie Mac, BizLaunch, PGCED, Saval Food Services, Washington Gas, DC OLA; Media: Latin-e, El Tiempo Latino, Hispanos Sin Fronteras, Washington Hispanic, Univision, El Pregonero, Latin Opinion, Asi Es Mi Gente, NTN24, Consumidor Hispano, Washington Business Journal, Latinas in Business, Somos Baltimore/Mundo Latino, Armand Hugon.
CONTACT: Pamela Nieto Phone: email@example.com Email: (202) 340 5157
Source:Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce