GETTYSBURG, Pa., April 1, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS announced that Jeff M. Myers, president and CEO of Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA), the leading national trade association for Medicaid managed care organizations, will open the highly anticipated 2015 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute. The institute will draw more than four hundred executives on June 16-18, 2015 at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Mr. Myers serves as the primary spokesperson for the Medicaid health plan industry before Congress, the executive branch, state governments, and the media. Mr. Myers is responsible for demonstrating the value of Medicaid managed care to these audiences as well as opening new markets for Medicaid health plan business.
Other plenary presenters include:
- Dennis Freeman, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Cherokee Health Systems
- Daniel Fishbein, Ph.D., Vice President, Corporate Business Development, Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Elizabeth A. Holden, M.Ed., CRC, LPC, Program Director, Commercial Products, UPMC Health Plan
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
The second day of the institute will open with a plenary panel, sponsored by U Squared Interactive, featuring Elizabeth A. Holden, M.Ed., CRC, LPC, Program Director, Commercial Products, UPMC Health Plan and a representative from Cigna. In the session, "Digital Medicine In U.S. Health Care: Payers Who Are Making It Work," Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer of OPEN MINDS, will lead a discussion about UPMC Health Plan's use of the Beating The Blues online CBT program, and Cigna's use of the FitBack pain management application.
The third day of the institute will open with an expert perspective session, "What Makes Integrated Care Work? Perspectives From Organizations With A Successful Track Record," in which Dennis Freeman, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Cherokee Health Systems and Daniel Fishbein, Ph.D., Vice President, Corporate Business Development, Jefferson Center for Mental Health will discuss their organizations' experience with integration.
Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS will close the event with her plenary session, "Moving From Innovation To Scale: How To Make Adoption & Rapid Implementation Happen In Your Market & In Your Organization." In this session, Ms. Oss will address the importance of innovation to strategy, the challenges in the innovation adoption cycle, and the key elements to make adoption and rapid implementation possible.
"The health and human service industry doesn't have a great track record for adopting innovation," said Monica E. Oss, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer. "Our goal for this event is to provide executives with the strategy tools they need for success in a shifting landscape. The keynote speakers from these leading organizations will provide real examples of innovation at work in today's health and human service market."
In addition to the plenary presenters, The 2015 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute will feature a power-packed agenda, led by an impressive faculty of industry thought leaders and subject matter experts, including:
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Morgan Cole, Office of Health Services, Behavioral Health Division, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Rick Hoffmeister, BSN, RN, Health Homes Manager, KDHE/DHCF
- Bob Mann, RN, LSW, Administrator Of Mental Health Operations, Oklahoma Department of Corrections
- Suzanne Kieltyka, RD, CDE, Health Education Manager, Summit Strategic Solutions
- Steve Ramsland, Ed.D., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Luke Crabtree, Chief Executive Officer, Project Transition
- John F. Talbot, Ph.D., Vice President of Integration Development, Jefferson Center for Mental Health, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Peggy Lavin, LCSW, ACSW, DCSW, Senior Associate Director, The Joint Commission
- Tim Snyder, Executive Vice President, OPEN MINDS
- David Lischner, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Valant Medical Solutions
- Chriss Flynn, Marketing Director, Mind Springs Health
- Karen W. Linkens, Ph.D., Co-Founder & Principal, Desert Vista Consulting
- Paul Neitman, LMSW, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- William E. Reay, Ph.D., President & Chief Executive Officer, OMNI Behavioral Health
- Howard Shiffman, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Steve Weatherbee, Ed.D., President & CEO, eCenter Research
The 2015 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute is a three-day event that brings executives together to explore the latest service delivery, financing, and technology developments to improve the service system for consumers with chronic conditions and the most complex needs. Additional information, including the current institute agenda, can be found online at www.openminds.com/strategy/agenda.
Discounted registration for The 2015 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations. Promotional rates are as follows:
- Individual Registrations: $495 (A Savings Of $100)
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations: $1,350 (A Savings Of $300)
- 6-Person 'Team' Registrations: $2,000 (A Savings Of $500)
To take advantage of discounted registration rates, register online before April 24, 2015 at www.openminds.com/strategy/register.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children & family services; intellectual & developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry & diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing Phone: 717-334-1329 Email: email@example.com
Source: Open Minds