SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 7, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American River Bank, a subsidiary of American River Bankshares (Nasdaq:AMRB), today announced that the American River Bank Foundation (the Foundation) awarded $110,000 to 12 nonprofit organizations in Northern California. Of the total, $70,000 was awarded among 10 organizations for a single-year funding commitment and $40,000 was awarded among two organizations as the final disbursement of a three-year funding commitment that was announced in 2013. Since 2004, the Foundation has donated $722,600 to 40 different organizations.
"The American River Bank Foundation is committed to building up our local communities by contributing financially to organizations that help people in need of support and encouragement," said David T. Taber, President and CEO of American River Bank. "We are deeply inspired by the generosity of our employees, partners and sponsors who made it possible for us to donate $110,000 to 12 remarkable organizations."
In 2014, American River Bank employees donated $18,000 to the Foundation, which is 100% matched by American River Bank, and $28,000 was raised from the Bank's Annual Charity Golf Classic. All donations received by the Foundation are granted back out to the community due to the Foundation being fully financially supported by American River Bank, its employees and partners.
The Foundation's grant recipients are as follows:
- Courage Worldwide will receive $20,000 in 2015, the final disbursement of a three-year $50,000 commitment to provide services for minors who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation.
- Legal Aid of Sonoma County will receive $20,000 in 2015, the final disbursement of a three-year $50,000 commitment to fund the Child Abuse Prevention Program to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Wellspring Women's Center will receive $10,000 to support the Art of Being program, which provides expressive art therapy to women struggling with what keeps them in poverty, such as domestic violence, drug abuse and untreated mental illness.
- Roseville Home Start will receive $10,000 to fund Transitional Housing for Homeless Children and their Families, allowing them to offer basic living necessities to homeless families.
- Women's Empowerment will receive $10,000 to fund The Get a Job Kit to help provide homeless women with employment skills training and hands on skill building.
- Hospice of Amador & Calaveras will receive $10,000 to fund the Griefbusters program, which helps school-aged children through the grieving process of the loss of a loved one.
- Community Against Sexual Harm will receive $7,500 to support operational services that provide assistance to victims of sexual exploitation.
- Placer Food Bank will receive $6,000 to support the Kids Backpack Program, which will assist in feeding 880 students per week.
- Worth Our Weight LTD will receive $5,000 to fund equipment that supports their catering operation, which provides culinary skills and opportunities for disadvantaged youth.
- The Arc of Amador & Calaveras will receive $5,000 to fund the Building Self-Esteem Program that serves women with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Keaton Raphael Memorial for Neuroblastoma Inc. will receive $4,000 to help operate their patient assistance program, which provides support to families following a child's cancer diagnosis.
- Operation Care will receive $2,500 to fund the Fresh Start Program so that women leaving the shelter may obtain housing.
About the American River Bank Foundation
The American River Bank Foundation was established in July 2004 to give back meaningfully to local organizations that create opportunity, enhance self-esteem and provide physical and emotional well-being for the most vulnerable women and children. For information on how to donate to the Foundation or apply for grant funding, visit https://www.americanriverbank.com/AmericanRiverBankFoundation.
About American River Bank
American River Bank, a subsidiary of American River Bankshares (Nasdaq:AMRB), is a regional bank serving Northern California since 1983. We give business owners more REACH by offering financial expertise and exceptional service to complement a full suite of banking products and services. Our honest approach, commitment to community and focus on profitability is intended to lead our clients to greater success. For more information, call (800) 544-0545 or visit AmericanRiverBank.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Diana La Point VP, Director of Corporate Communications American River Bank 916-231-6717Source:American River Bankshares