Interplay | MAM 5 now manages the entire content lifecycle for both large and small organizations to reduce media operation costs by sharing the same platform with all Avid Media Suite modules
LAS VEGAS, April 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NAB (Booth #SU902) -- Avid® (Nasdaq:AVID) today announced the availability of Avid Interplay® | MAM 5, a highly scalable and fully customizable media asset management system to help organizations of any size easily find and gain more value from their media assets, streamline media operations, and enable new revenue opportunities. Because it's powered by the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, Interplay | MAM also helps organizations greatly boost operational efficiency and expand collaboration whether on a departmental or a global level.
Interplay | MAM manages the entire content lifecycle, making it easy for teams to ingest, import, manage, locate, edit, and deliver media in a vendor-agnostic environment. It can manage any type of digital asset, analyze media usage, and automate processes for maximum efficiency and cost savings.
"Today's broadcasters and media enterprises need to manage, process, and store an unprecedented amount of digital media," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology, Avid. "Avid is the industry leader in asset management, with more than 2,100 deployments across the world's top broadcast, news, and post-production facilities—more than any other system. Media organizations that have already adopted the Avid MediaCentral Platform can easily add Interplay | MAM to their existing Interplay | Production and iNEWS deployments to manage additional types of assets and implement new money-saving workflows."
Interplay | MAM delivers a scalable, flexible solution to help organizations reduce costs, improve business agility, and create and distribute compelling content through MediaCentral | UX—a single, common, web-based interface. Providing a core set of asset management tools and services that can be easily deployed to address the specific workflow challenges of smaller organizations, Interplay | MAM also offers additional integrations and customizations that provide larger media enterprises with the ability to automate even the most complex workflows. Key capabilities include:
- Expanded collaboration—Unites contributors across divisional and geographic boundaries to easily plan, select, shot-list, annotate, and review and approve, with optimal intelligence of media assets.
- Web-based user tools—MediaCentral | UX and Interplay | MAM Desktop provide local or remote PC and Mac users with access to media and extend real-time collaboration across workgroups, divisions, and geographies.
- Flexible workflow engine—Workflow orchestration from ingest to archive through a flexible engine with visual modeling.
- Efficient media hub—Creates an automated central media operations hub that connects and speeds processes, and organizes and protects media, lowering aggregate storage costs.
- Support for any type of workflow—Automates workflows ranging from centralized archiving, ingest and QC management, multi-platform distribution, review and approval, playout automation, and more.
- Management for any type of asset—Supports any type of digital asset, using a central repository for all of the media that is used by your organization.
- Scalable solution—Solution modules can be easily implemented to meet the specific needs of small departments and workgroups while offering the flexibility to quickly expand as your needs grow.
- Metadata management—Exceptionally scalable and flexible data model enables comprehensive media and metadata management with customizable views.
- Seamless integration across every Media Suite module—Provides an open, extensible, and customizable foundation enabling customers to streamline their entire workflow, from media creation to monetization, with greater flexibility, choice, and security.
- Easy integration with Avid Interplay | Production—Enables richer, time-saving workflows with centralized archiving capabilities offering automated, transparent round-trip of media and metadata between one or more Interplay | Production workgroups and Interplay | MAM.
- Integrates with Avid iNEWS—Integrates seamlessly with Avid iNEWS® for easy access to scripts and rundowns with the associated archived video assets; and easily searches and finds iNEWS® stories, rundowns, and the associated video for each story.
Avid Interplay | MAM 5 is now available.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, and Interplay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All announcements of products and enhancements are made on a when and if available basis.
CONTACT: PR Contact: Avid Amy Paladino email@example.com 617-733-5121
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.