KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Kansas City chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI Kansas City) today announced four winners of its 2015 Academic Awards for outstanding students in Finance and Accounting, plus one legacy award to an outstanding student who is a child of an FEI Kansas City member. Selected from universities in Kansas and Missouri, the winners received their merit awards at the Academic Awards Night program on Monday April 13.
Winners of FEI Kansas City's 2015 Academic Awards:
- Luke Friesen, of Wichita, KS, majoring in Accounting at MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Alec Haight, of Lenexa, KS, majoring in Finance at Benedictine College
- Yuliana Onopriyenko of Kansas City, MO, majoring in Accounting at the University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Augusto M. Sanabria-Rivarola of Lawrence, KS, majoring in Finance at the University of Kansas
- Heather Manning, of Parkville, MO, a high school senior who plans to study Theatre Arts at Stephens College (FEI Kansas City Legacy Academic Award)
"Central to our mission as the top networking and professional development group for financial executives in Kansas City, FEI is committed to developing the next generation of finance and accounting leaders. We have been providing monetary awards to outstanding students for more than 20 years," said Mike Manning, president of the FEI Kansas City chapter. "FEI Kansas City is proud to partner with the business faculties of universities across our region to promote excellence and to celebrate these promising young adults' academic achievements."
About FEI Kansas City
Financial Executives International (FEI) is the pre-eminent association connecting senior-level financial executives. The FEI Kansas City chapter has about 200 members representing area companies and organizations. FEI Kansas City provides a forum for financial leaders to meet quality people and share solutions to the crucial issues that confront them daily. FEI meetings, professional development seminars and informal outings focus on the highest quality speakers and entertainment to facilitate the flow of new ideas and perspectives, as well as sound career and business decisions. For more information, please visit www.feikc.org.
CONTACT: For more information, contact: Dick Johnson, 913.649.8885 or email@example.comSource: FEI Kansas City