NEW YORK, April 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for March 2015 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
March 2015 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $375 billion in March 2015, 40% higher than February 2015 and 29% higher than March 2014. Volume from indirect sources was 36% of total retail volume (1) in the first quarter 2015. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the first quarter 2015 was $1.1 trillion, 20% lower than the fourth quarter 2014, and 17% higher than the first quarter 2014.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $17.1 billion in March 2015, 29% higher than February 2015 and 24% higher than March 2014.
- An average of 591,122 retail client trades per day in March 2015, 15% higher than February 2015 and 38% higher than March 2014.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 222,279 as of March 31, 2015, a decrease of 440 accounts, or 0.2% from February 2015, and an increase of 33,016 accounts, or 17%, from March 2014.
March 2015 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $248 billion in March 2015, 53% higher than February 2015 and 24% higher than March 2014.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $11.3 billion in March 2015, 40% higher than February 2015 and 19% higher than March 2014.
- An average of 53,827 institutional client trades per day in March 2015, 72% higher than February 2015 and 43% higher than March 2014.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.
(1) Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
(2) An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained herein may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and/or the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which reflect FXCM's current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance in the future. These forward-looking statements are not historical facts and are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the FXCM's industry, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by management, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and beyond our control. Accordingly, readers are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict including, without limitation, risks associated with the events that took place in the currency markets on January 15, 2015 and their impact on FXCM's capital structure, risks associated with FXCM's ability to recover all or a portion of any capital losses, risks relating to the ability of FXCM to satisfy the terms and conditions of or make payments pursuant to the terms of the credit agreement with Leucadia, risks related to FXCM's dependence on FX market makers, market conditions, and those other risks described under "Risk Factors" in FXCM Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports or documents FXCM files with, or furnishes to, the SEC from time to time, which are accessible on the SEC website at sec.gov. This information should also be read in conjunction with the FXCM's Consolidated Financial Statements and the Notes thereto contained in the FXCM's Annual Report on Form 10-K, and in other reports or documents the FXCM files with, or furnishes to, the SEC from time to time, which are accessible on the SEC website at sec.gov.
About FXCM Inc.
FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to provide global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market by offering innovative trading tools, hiring excellent trading educators, meeting strict financial standards and striving for the best online trading experience in the market.
Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com.
Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, which may result in losses that could exceed your deposits, therefore may not be suitable for all investors. Read full disclaimer.