New products and services integrate seamlessly with the Avid MediaCentral Platform, enabling media professionals to connect more collaboratively, powerfully and profitably
LAS VEGAS, April 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NAB (Booth #SU902) -- Avid® (Nasdaq:AVID) today announced a range of new and upcoming innovations for the Avid MediaCentral Platform, developed by Avid partners using the Avid Connectivity Toolkit. As leading technology companies create solutions integrated into the Avid MediaCentral Platform, the momentum of Avid Everywhere™ continues to build in the media industry. These latest innovations focus on helping individual artists and creative teams connect and create more collaboratively, powerfully, and profitably.
"The Avid Connectivity Partner Program delivers on the openness of Avid Everywhere and gives media professionals the flexibility to more easily integrate third-party products into their workflow," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. "Hundreds of third-party products developed by many of the world's leading technology partners have either already been delivered or are in the process of being certified for the platform."
The Avid Connectivity Partner Program gives developers access to the resources, documentation, certification, and services they need to create products and solutions that integrate with the Avid MediaCentral Platform ecosystem and sell them in the Avid Marketplace. New partner offerings include:
- Increased flexibility for live sound production—Media networking manufacturer Audinate® has joined the Avid Connectivity Partner Program, further expanding the partner ecosystem of the Avid MediaCentral Platform. Audinate is currently working with Avid to develop a new Dante option card for the Avid VENUE | S6L live sound system, which will provide customers with additional flexibility for connecting to a wide range of devices and networks.
- Anti-piracy media security, for everyone—Leading digital security specialist Fortium Technologies® is partnering with Avid to make anti-piracy media security available to all. Fortium MediaSeal® file encryption will be integrated into Avid Artist Suite solutions and sold through Avid channels, helping artists and creative teams to protect their valuable media assets against leaks caused by hacking, piracy, or accidental distribution.
- Faster, easier creation of Dolby Atmos mixes in Pro Tools—Avid and Dolby announced plans to streamline editing and mixing workflows across Pro Tools® software and Avid Pro Mixing solutions by developing deeper integration of Dolby Atmos in Pro Tools. The development of native Dolby Atmos metadata integration in Pro Tools will enable audio engineers to create immersive, detailed mixes faster and more easily.
- Powerful, integrated high-resolution video production—Avid and Blackmagic Design have partnered to help video professionals meet the growing demands of high-res video production by introducing Avid Artist | DNxIO. Delivering complete hd and hi-res ingest and monitoring and the stunning images and efficient functionality of Avid DNxHR, Artist | DNxIO is a powerful and integrated high-resolution video production system that combines best-in-class hardware by Blackmagic Design with the industry's preeminent Media Composer® video editing software.
- Streamlined music score composition—Avid announced that the new Sibelius® music composition software enhances and streamlines music composition with optimization for the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, touch gestures.
- Easy access to tested and certified audio plug-ins for VENUE and Pro Tools—Avid and Waves® are working to bring support for Waves plug-ins to Avid VENUE | S6L through Waves SoundGrid®, enabling customers to easily integrate tested and certified 3rd party technology into their workflow. Additionally, Waves will be offering customers easy access to their plug-ins through the Avid Marketplace, underscoring the growing momentum of Avid Marketplace adoption.
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All announcements of products and enhancements are made on a when and if available basis.
CONTACT: PR Contact: Avid Sara Griggs email@example.com +1.310.907.6909
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.