ADVISORY, Apr. 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Etsy, Inc. (Nasdaq:ETSY), a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods, will visit the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square in celebration of its initial public offering (IPO), which will occur today, April 16.
In honor of the occasion, Chad Dickerson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, will ring the Opening Bell. He will be joined by Kristina Salen, Etsy’s Chief Financial Officer, and representatives from Etsy’s seller community.
Etsy sellers include:
- Liz Carlis from shop: 1.by.liz (Brooklyn, NY)
- Alexandra Ferguson from shop: Alexandra Ferguson (Brooklyn, NY)
- Melissa Kelly from shop: Be in the Moment (Brooklyn, NY)
- Ryan Berkley from shop: Berkley Illustration (Portland, OR)
- Karli Dendy from shop: DesignosaurYEAH (Brighton, England)
- Rebecca Rodriguez from shop: Dirtsa Studio (Somerset, NJ)
- Lee Goodwin, Christopher Francis, Katie Francis and Olivia Turrell from shop: Docksmith (Brunswick, ME)
- Maresa Ponitch from shop: Dusty Rose Vintage (Brooklyn, NY)
- Anna and Juan Donado from shop: Goose Grease (Brooklyn, NY)
- Dara Cheek from shop: Hieropice
- Kari McDonald from shop: Lemuette (Rockford, IL)
- Allison Faunce from shop: Little Hero Capes (Somerset, MA)
- Emmanuelle Marie Remise from shop: Malam (La Charité-sur-Loire, France)
- Erika Nazario from shop: Mio Múcaro (Brooklyn, NY)
- Jen Pepper from shop: Peppersprouts (Newburyport, MA)
- Aline Niedrich from shop: Polly McGeary (Berlin, Germany)
- Melissa Hile from shop: Prairiefunk (Brooklyn, NY)
- Brandi Harper from shop: purlBknit (Brooklyn, NY)
- Brandi Arnold from shop: PuurBody (Boise, ID)
- Amy Hamley from shop: Redraven studios (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Shlomit and Anat Ofir from shop: Shlomit Ofir (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Yana Gorbulsky from shop: Supayana (Montreal, Canada)
- Tielor McBride from shop: TM1985 (Brooklyn, NY)
Nasdaq MarketSite – 4 Times Square – 43rd & Broadway – Broadcast Studio
Thursday, April 16, 2015 – 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET
Etsy, Inc. Media Contact:
Ellen Gonda / Sara Cohen
Sarah Lubman / Monika Driscoll
Fiber Line (Encompass Waterfront): 4463
Gal 3C/06C 95.05 degrees West
18 mhz Lower
DL 3811 Vertical
For multimedia features such as exclusive content, photo postings, status updates and video of bell ceremonies please visit our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ.
For photos from ceremonies and events visit our Instagram Page: http://instagram.com/nasdaq
For news tweets, please visit our Twitter page at: http://twitter.com/nasdaq
For exciting viral content and ceremony photos visit Tumblr Page: http://nasdaq.tumblr.com/
A webcast of the Nasdaq Opening Bell will be available at: https://new.livestream.com/nasdaq/live or http://www.nasdaq.com/about/marketsitetowervideo.asx
To obtain a hi-resolution photograph of the Market Open, please go to http://www.nasdaq.com/reference/marketsite_events.stm and click on the market open of your choice.
About Etsy, Inc. (Nasdaq:ETSY):
Etsy is a marketplace where millions of people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods. The Etsy ecosystem includes entrepreneurs who sell on our platform, consumers looking to buy unique goods in our marketplace, manufacturers who help Etsy sellers grow their businesses and Etsy employees who maintain our platform. Etsy was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of approximately $9.5 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.
Source:The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.