KYOTO, Japan, April 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced consolidated results under U.S. GAAP for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. The highlights are as follows:
- Record-high full-year net sales, operating income, income before taxes and net income
- 1 trillion yen mark in net sales and 100 billion yen mark in operating income achieved for the first time
- Sales of "Automotive, Appliance, Commercial and Industrial Products" surpassing those of "Small Precision Motors" as a result of the strategic business portfolio transformation
- Convertible bond (CB) conversion amounted to 74.3 billion Yen (78% of remaining CBs after early redemption put option). The debt to equity ratio improved further as the year-end shareholders' equity ratio rose to 55%
- EPS (diluted): 256.73 yen
- Year-end dividend: 40 yen per share (Annual dividend: 70 yen per share)
|Consolidated Results of Operations (unaudited)|
|Yen in millions (except for per share amounts and percentages)|
|Year ended||Increase||Three months ended||Increase|
|March 31||(Decrease)||March 31||(Decrease)|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||10.8%||9.7%||--||11.1%||10.1%||--|
|Income before income taxes||107,371||84,460||27.1||26,062||21,935||18.8|
|Ratio of income from continuing operations before income taxes to net sales||10.4%||9.7%||--||9.5%||9.6%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||76,216||56,272||35.4||18,185||13,219||37.6|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||7.4%||6.4%||--||6.6%||5.8%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation stockholders per share-basic||272.32||206.82||--||63.23||47.93||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation stockholders per share-diluted||256.73||193.50||--||60.45||44.94||--|
Full copy of Nidec's financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2015: http://www.nidec.com/en-Global/ir/news/2015/news0422-01/.
A conference call webcast (audio-only, user-control slides attached) discussing Nidec's financial results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015 is scheduled for 09:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, April 23, 2015. To listen to the webcast, please visit Nidec website at: http://www.nidec.com/en-Global/ir/calendar/schedule/archive/FY14Q4/.
About Nidec Corporation
Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (Tokyo:6594) is a global leader in electric motor drive technology. For the year ended March 31, 2015, 38.7% of its consolidated sales were represented by small precision motors; 25.6% by appliance, commercial and industrial products; 19.1% by automotive products; 9.6% by machinery; 6.3% by electronic and optical components, and 0.6% by the remaining products lines. Nidec was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1973 by Shigenobu Nagamori, its current President and CEO.
CONTACT: Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations +81-75-935-6140 email@example.com