MONTERREY, Mexico, April 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), reported its unaudited, consolidated results for the first quarter of 2015 today.
OMA recorded solid results in the first quarter, with notable double digit increases in passenger traffic, aeronautical and non aeronautical revenues, and Adjusted EBITDA.
The principal results of the first quarter include:
|(Million Passengers and Million Pesos)||1Q14||1Q15||% Var|
|Aeronautical Revenues + Non-Aeronautical Revenues||758||914||20.6|
|Income from Operations||310||435||40.2|
|Operating Margin (%)||37.3%||42.6%|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin (Adjusted EBITDA/Aeronautical Revenues + Non-Aeronautical Revenues, %)||53.3%||58.6%|
|Consolidated Net Income||258||258||0.1|
|Net Income of Controlling Interest||257||257||(0.1)|
|MDP and Strategic Investments||139||195||40.3|
|*Based on weighted average shares outstanding|
- Total terminal passenger traffic increased 17.5% to 3.8 million in 1Q15. Domestic traffic increased 17.3%; international traffic increased 18.4%. Volaris, Interjet, VivaAerobus, and Grupo Aeroméxico contributed the most to traffic growth and accounted for 76% of the traffic increase.
- Eight new routes, including six domestic and two international routes, opened in the quarter, as a result of the combined efforts of the airlines and OMA to increase connectivity and grow passenger traffic.
- Aeronautical revenues increased 21.0%, principally as a result of the growth in passenger traffic.
- Aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 3.0% to Ps. 177.6.
- Non-aeronautical revenues increased 19.5%. All 13 airports and the NH Terminal 2 hotel participated in this growth, as a result of growth in commercial and diversification activities.
- Non-aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 1.7% to Ps. 62.9.
- Total costs and operating expenses, including hotel costs and expenses, increased 6.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 32.5% to Ps. 536 million, with an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 58.6%.
- Consolidated net income was Ps. 258 million. Earnings were Ps. 0.65 per share, or US$ 0.34 per American Depositary Share (ADS).
- Total cash flows for Master Development Plan (MDP) and strategic investment expenditures were Ps. 195 million.
OMA's complete earnings report is available at http://ir.oma.aero.
OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA) will hold its 1Q15 earnings conference call on April 27, 2015 at 11 am Eastern time, 10 am Mexico City time.
The conference call is accessible by calling 1-888-428-9473 toll-free from the U.S. or 1-719-325-2429 from outside the U.S. The conference ID is 7277053. A taped replay will be available through May 4, 2015 at 1-877-870-5176 toll free or + 1-858-384-5517, using the same ID.
The conference call will also be available by webcast at http://ir.oma.aero/events.cfm.
This press release may contain forward-looking information and statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are only predictions based on our current expectations and projections about future events. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "target," or similar expressions. While OMA's management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond the control of OMA, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those discussed in our most recent annual report filed on Form 20-F under the caption "Risk Factors." OMA undertakes no obligation to publicly update its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA's airports serve Monterrey, Mexico's fourth largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates a hotel and commercial areas inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients, airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety, security standards, and ISO 9001:2008. OMA's strategic shareholder members are ICA, Mexico's largest engineering, procurement, and construction company, and Aéroports de Paris Management, subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris, the fourth largest European airports operator. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, please visit us at:
- Website: http://www.oma.aero
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/OMAeropuertos
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMAeropuertos