CLEARWATER, Fla., April 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) today announced an exclusive agreement with InnoviMobile to offer mobile application development for smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices to resellers in the United States through its Mobile Solutions and Retail division. InnoviMobile specializes in developing enterprise mobile applications that improve customer service, reduce expenses, and generate revenue opportunities. Tech Data and InnoviMobile have streamlined the go-to-market process for these services, productizing InnoviMobile's portfolio to be easily sold through the channel at flat fees using SKUs.
"Mobile app development is an untapped segment of the market for distribution, providing a great opportunity for Tech Data and its resellers," said Patrick Stokes, senior vice president, Mobility Solutions and Retail at Tech Data. "We believe that a significant opportunity exists for the VAR community to generate more revenue from every Tech Data mobile device sale by bundling high-margin mobile development services. Solution-oriented sales could translate into higher device sales and activations—and as customers see the innovative ways that apps can help their business, they could decide to provide devices to more employees."
As mobile apps continue to be a significant growth driver in the tablet, smartphone, and wearable markets, InnoviMobile is at the intersection of enterprise applications and mobility, developing mobile applications that connect to enterprise IT systems and providing customers with the ability to host and manage mobile content in a secure private cloud environment. In addition to driving device sales and activations, InnoviMobile's services could also drive mobile device management and related software licensing for solution providers.
"InnoviMobile has vast experience in enterprise mobile application development," said Alex Zaltsman, CEO of InnoviMobile. "We pride ourselves on our ability to guide and manage mobile strategy initiatives, integrate technology, and provide word-class mobile products. Channel partners help businesses of all sizes with implementing technology solutions that increasingly include mobility. Our Innovi Apps and forthcoming Innovi On-Demand services help channel partners tap new revenue streams. Together, we can help customers leverage mobile applications that can transform their business."
InnoviMobile offers a variety of services that value-added resellers (VARs) need to get started in the application development space—from needs analysis and deployment to hosting and maintenance. InnoviMobile's services include:
- InnoviStart: a starter app development package that includes a needs analysis and a working prototype, which help guide customers into a production app
- InnoviApps: InnoviMobile's standard, flat-fee mobile app development services consisting of app development, user interface design, project management, server development, and maintenance
- InnoviApps Maintenance Agreement: customers can purchase yearly app maintenance agreements for apps developed using InnoviApps.
- Innovi OnDemand: access to mobile developer resources with plans starting at just three days per month up to 20 days per month for customers who already have custom mobile apps and would like a partner to handle maintenance and updates.
- InnoviCloud: hosting services used with some types of mobile apps that require cloud data storage. InnoviCloud is a private cloud hosted in a secure, SSAE-16 certified data center and includes backup and disaster recovery for the hosted app data.
For more information on InnoviMobile services, contact Tech Data's Mobile Solutions and Retail team at 800-237-8931 ext. 83662 option 2 or TDM_productmarketing@techdata.com.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world's largest distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $27.7 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2015. It is ranked No. 111 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies." To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT Brian Kosoy Director, Corporate Communications (727) 299-8865 email@example.com
Source:Tech Data Corporation