PARSIPPANY, N.J., April 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. today announced that its two flagship vehicle rental brands, Avis Car Rental and Budget Car Rental, have been named among America's top 50 "green" brands.
The honor was bestowed on Avis and Budget by their own customers as part of the 2015 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index. The annual study of approximately 550 brands surveyed 36,000 men and women, 18-65 years of age, from across the United States.
"For brands, simply playing the environmental awareness card as part of a corporate social responsibility or public relations campaign isn't an actual option anymore. Brands have to do it in ways that meaningfully support a sustainable future that is palpable to the consumer," said Robert Passikoff, president, Brand Keys. "We congratulate Avis Budget Group for understanding the environmental demands and expectations of Avis and Budget customers."
Avis Budget Group is committed to monitoring, measuring and managing our environmental impact, and working to reduce it where practicable on an ongoing basis. The Company has several primary initiatives under way to achieve its environmental management goals, including:
- Operations: Recycling and reducing solid and liquid waste, including motor oil, glass, tires, etc.
- Fleet: Offering our customers a wide variety of vehicles that are environmentally friendly as defined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's SmartWay Certification program.
- Outreach: Partnering with our corporate customers to help them measure and manage the environmental impact of Avis and Budget rental vehicles used by their employees.
- Compliance: Meeting or voluntarily exceeding the requirements of federal, state and local health, safety and environmental protection laws.
- Reduction: Limiting our use of natural resources; recycling where practicable, whether water, paper, plastic or other materials.
"Our sustainability initiatives are woven into our day-to-day operations — they are not something we do at a certain time of year or for a special occasion," said Ronald L. Nelson, chairman and chief executive officer, Avis Budget Group. "We are delighted that Avis and Budget customers recognize us for being a good corporate citizen."
About Avis Budget Group
Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 10,000 rental locations in approximately 175 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than 900,000 members. Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world. Avis Budget Group has approximately 30,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. More information is available at www.avisbudgetgroup.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source:Avis Budget Group, Inc.