PHOENIX, April 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Easynews, the premium NNTP and browser-based Usenet service, released its new service offering today, VPN (virtual private network). VPNs are increasing in popularity as data breaches become more common with major retailers and public wifi connections. Available for both current Usenet subscribers and new customers seeking online security, the Easynews VPN will provide an encrypted connection, allowing users to control their IP address and add an additional layer of personal data protection.
Users are able to test the service when opting in to the free trial through May 12, 2015. In addition to encryption, VPN offers the following features and benefits:
- Free VPN service for Big Gig Subscribers
- Up to 1 month free trial for Classic and Plus plan users
- Helps avoid censorship blocks
- Allows region selection to eliminate geolocation restrictions
- 100% online Identity and data protection
- Free software
- Unmetered VPN bandwidth
- Two simultaneous VPN connections
- Direct access to the fastest worldwide VPN network
- Unlimited server switching
- OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP protocols
With more than 70+ servers in 17 countries, Easynews offers an expansive, affordable addition for Usenet subscribers. The Easynews VPN plan is free with the Big Gig plan, and is available as an add-on for Plus and Classic plan users for $2.99 per month after the trial period ends. VPN is also offered as a stand alone service, with pricing starting at $11.99 a month.
All Usenet plans offer:
- Web-Usenet access through the Easynews web interface (available by logging into your account at http://www.easynews.com)
- Free Trial on Classic, Plus, and BigGig Plans
- 100,000+ newsgroups (NNTP Usenet access)
- Up to 1979 days retention
- Rollover gigs (unused gigs rollover to future months)
- Loyalty gigs (up to 12 free gigs for each year of service)
- 14-day/10 GB free trial
- Thumbnail previews
- Unlimited NNTP access
- 60 NNTP connections
- 256-Bit Encrypted SSL
- 24/7/365 Technical support
Pairing Easynews Usenet with its VPN services provides premium security during transfers, allowing users to truly enjoy all that Usenet has to offer.
Easynews is the most versatile Usenet provider in the world and offers a unique, easy and fast browser-based newsgroup interface that eliminates the need for any third-party newsreader client software. Subscribers are able to search, preview and download files directly from their favorite web browser from any location in the world. With over 16 years of service and expertise, Easynews continues to provide premium and all-inclusive web based Usenet access to users worldwide.