MIAMI, May 1, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The hCG diet protocol is an example of how certain phenomena gain popularity based largely on its presence on the internet without other reliable resources in place to clarify misconceptions. Websites that promote the use of online hCG for weight loss have grown substantially and, while there are legitimate hCG weight loss clinics in the country, the vast majority of online hCG information is designed to confuse and profit from ill-advised and trusting consumers. This article focuses on the more egregious errors and claims concerning the safety and effectiveness of online hCG for weight loss.
- Although there is no research to indicate that hCG works more efficiently with a 500-calorie per day intake, many companies continue to promote this dangerously low calorie protocol. Depriving the body of appropriate nourishment can lead to hair loss, extreme fatigue and muscle loss.
- Many online sites claim that patients lose 2 pounds of fat per day and that hCG is a permanent cure for obesity. Neither of these claims are true. In fact, in most U.S. states, making fraudulent medical claims is unethical and illegal. Many internet sites are managed by non-healthcare professionals providing unauthorized and unqualified doctor advice about hCG for weight loss.
- All hCG is not created equally. Homeopathic hCG drops are never prescription strength and are not comparable to prescription hCG. In fact, the majority of online hCG is either not true prescription strength or it is being obtained and sold illegally.
- Many online hCG providers make claims of special hCG weight loss programs for women and men. While men typically do tend to burn calories at a greater rate, there is no diet that will deliver faster results based on gender.
- Many online hCG providers falsely promote hCG as a permanent reset for metabolism. Any method chosen to generate weight loss requires long term strategies to avoid weight regain.
Diet Doc physicians are highly trained experts in the field of safe and fast weight loss and offer diet products that are manufactured in the U.S. in fully licensed, FDA approved pharmacies. The company does not support online hCG for weight loss and strongly urges those who are tempted to buy online hCG to carefully consider their options and to seek medical advice before beginning any weight loss program. Diet Doc has become a leader in the weight loss industry and encourages those of all shapes, sizes, ages and genders to call today.
Diet Doc Contact Information:
Source: Diet Doc Weight Loss