GETTYSBURG, Pa., May 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS is pleased to announce that Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FACPM will deliver the opening keynote address at the 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute, the only event focused on helping executives develop a winning tech strategy for serving individuals with chronic conditions and the most complex needs. This two-day executive education event will be returning to the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC on October 27-28, 2015.
"In the new health and human service marketplace, you can't compete without technology. We have designed an event that helps executives serving individuals with chronic conditions and the most complex needs make the best strategic decisions for a tech-driven future," said OPEN MINDS' Chief Executive Officer, Monica E. Oss. "We are so excited that Dr. Grundy has agreed to be a part of this year's exciting program, and we are looking forward to hearing his thoughts on how technology is affecting care coordination."
Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FACPM is the founding President of the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) and IBM's Director of IBM Global Healthcare Transformation. In his role at IBM, Dr. Grundy develops and executes strategies that support IBM's health care industry transformation initiatives. Dr. Grundy is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Utah Department of Family and Preventive Medicine. In 2012, Dr. Grundy was elected to the Institute of Medicine; currently serves as a member of The Medical Education Futures Study National Advisory Board; and is Chair of Health Policy of the ERISA Industry Committee. Dr. Grundy has won three Department of State Superior Honor Awards, four Department of State Meritorious Service awards and a Department of Defense Superior Service award. Dr. Paul Grundy is regarded as the "godfather" of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) concept because of his advocacy for PCMH-level care and in creation of the Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC).
In addition to Dr. Grundy's plenary presentation, the institute agenda includes a variety of sessions on best practices in selecting, implementing, and leveraging the technologies that matter, including:
- How To Take Your Ideal EHR From Plan To Reality: Software Selection & Implementation
- Community-Based Treatment Through Technology: Remote Monitoring, Wearables & More
- How Can We Improve Behavioral Health Data Exchange? The Challenges & The Opportunities Of HIE
- How To Make The Right Tech Choices: Adopting New Technologies To Increase Organizational Performance
- Technology From The Payer Perspective: What Payers Are Investing In & What They Want From Provider Partners
- Technology & The Child Welfare System: New Tech To Improve Care For Foster Children & Youth
- Everything An Executive Needs To Build A Successful Tech Strategy: Budgeting For & Implementing New Technologies
- Are Robots The Future Of Health Care? A Discussion With Robotics Innovators
- Building A Sustainable Telehealth Program: Learning From The Experiences Of Executives Who've Been There
- The Evolution Of Decision-Support Tools In Specialty Care: Using Data & Analytics For Strategic Decision Support
- How To Improve Care Coordination: Using Technology To Support Connectivity & Increase Service Capacity
The 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute is designed to provide executives with a cutting-edge update on the latest technology developments, as well as an inside look at the process and practice of turning the data from those technologies into tools that can help organizations to meet their strategic goals.
The institute is designed for executives of payer and provider organizations serving consumers with high-cost, complex needs, including organizations focused on mental health and addiction treatment; chronic disease management; child welfare, family preservation, and juvenile justice; disability supports, home/community-based services, and long-term care; social services; and adult corrections.
Additional information, including the current institute agenda, can be found online at: www.openminds.com/technology.
Discounted registration for The 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute is available through September 1, 2015. Seating is limited, and registrations will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Promotional rates for attendees include:
- Individual Registrations For $495 (A Savings Of $100)
- 3-Person Group Registrations For $990 (A Savings Of $300)
- 5-Person Group Registrations For $2,000 (A Savings Of $500)
OPEN MINDS is the premier market intelligence and management support firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. The mission of OPEN MINDS is to provide health and human service payers and provider organizations – and the organizations that serve them – with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder Vice President, Marketing Phone: 717-334-1329 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Open Minds