DALLAS, May 5, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nine products from Cambium Learning® Group (Nasdaq:ABCD) were recently named winners in the 21st Annual BESSIE Awards, presented by The ComputED Gazette. Cambium Learning Group was the only company to receive more than four BESSIE awards this year, with one of its business units, Learning A-Z™, earning five awards for five different products.
The BESSIE Awards recognize inventive and content-rich programs and websites that provide teachers and parents with the technology to promote educational excellence. Winners are chosen from submissions by publishers worldwide.
"As an organization solely focused on raising the achievement levels of all learners, we are dedicated to developing innovative solutions that resonate with students and support educators," said John Campbell, CEO of Cambium Learning Group. "We are honored that such a prestigious online publication has recognized these solutions, reinforcing our mission. We are especially pleased that all four of our business units received an award, and that Learning A-Z led that charge by winning five awards for five outstanding products."
Winning Products from ExploreLearning®:
- Gizmos® is the world's largest library of online simulations helping students in grades 3–12 develop deep conceptual understanding in math and science.
- Reflex® is a powerful game-based system for developing instant, effortless recall of math facts.
Winning Product from Kurzweil Education™:
- Kurzweil 3000+firefly literacy software contains built-in tools for reading, writing, study skills, and test taking, delivered within a multisensory approach that helps students become independent learners.
Winning Products from Learning A-Z:
- Raz-Kids.com is a student-facing website that allows students to read and listen to a large collection of fiction and nonfiction books and also provides the ability to record their reading. Students take book quizzes and other assessments including online running records. Reports on student activity and performance are available to the teacher.
- Science A-Z.com offers a comprehensive collection of printable and projectable science resources including books, videos, diagrams, process activities, career sheets, and much more organized into four domains—Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, and Process Science.
- Headsprout® is a series of self-paced, adaptive instructional episodes that target foundational reading and comprehension skills students need to become successful readers.
- Reading A-Z offers thousands of downloadable teacher and student resources that can be printed or projected for whole-class, small-group, and independent learning. It covers a full spectrum of reading resources, from early foundational skills to resources for teaching fluency, vocabulary, and all comprehension skills in a variety of ways.
- ReadyTest A-Z delivers the effective practice and instruction that students in grades 3–5 need to succeed on next-generation high-stakes ELA assessments. Online and print sample tests include technology-enhanced constructed response items that help build stamina and confidence through a sequence of test-readiness activities.
Winning Product from Voyager Sopris Learning™:
- LANGUAGE!® Live combines personalized instruction in both foundational and advanced literacy skills to quickly move learners in grades 5–12 toward grade-level achievement.
For more information on any of our programs and services, please visit www.cambiumlearning.com.
About Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group is a leading educational solutions and services company committed to helping all students reach their full potential. Cambium Learning accomplishes this goal by providing evidence-based solutions and expert professional services to empower educators and raise the achievement levels of all students. The company is composed of four business units: Learning A–Z (www.learninga-z.com), ExploreLearning (www.explorelearning.com), Kurzweil Education (www.kurzweiledu.com), and Voyager Sopris Learning (www.voyagersopris.com). Together, these business units provide breakthrough technology solutions for online learning and professional support; best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional materials; gold-standard professional development and school-improvement services; valid and reliable assessments; and proven materials to support a positive and safe school environment. Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ABCD), is based in Dallas, TX. For more information, please visit www.cambiumlearning.com.
About The ComputED Gazette
The ComputED Gazette has been a valuable online educational resource for more than 21 years. Its directors are educators who have provided the finest computer education to children and adults in the North San Diego area. The Gazette is proud sponsor of two national awards: The Best Educational Software Awards (BESSIES) in the spring and the Education Software Review Awards (EDDIES) in the summer.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Sandy Stone Cambium Learning Group, Inc. 800.547.6747 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Barbara Benson CFO, Cambium Learning Group, Inc. email@example.com
Source:Cambium Learning Group