- Expands coverage through Konica Minolta's extensive network of dealers and direct sales in Australia
- Builds on successful agreement with Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. inked earlier this year
ROCK HILL, S.C., May 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it has entered into a distribution agreement with Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia to provide its complete 3D printing product portfolio through Konica Minolta's network of dealers and authorized resellers, as well as its direct sales channel throughout Australia. This builds on 3DS' successful partnership with Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. for distribution in the U.S.
With this alliance, Konica Minolta Australia will enter the 3D printing market to provide its customers access to advanced manufacturing solutions, complementing and expanding its product and services portfolio. Konica Minolta Australia plans to focus on education, manufacturing, architects and print bureau industries.
"We are excited to be able to work with a recognized industry leader, offering the most comprehensive suite of 3D printers and services in Australia. Our goal is to arm our nationwide, exceptional sales organization with cutting-edge products, solutions and services that help our customers grow their business and gain a competitive edge," said George Fryer, General Manager Production Sales at Konica Minolta Australia.
Some of the first products that Konica Minolta will resell from 3D Systems include:
- ProJet® 3500 Series Professional 3D Printer - Ideal for engineering, manufacturing and mechanical environments, the ProJet 3500 Series prints high-quality, durable plastic parts with accurate and high-resolution. This printer series is ideal for rapid manufacturing, functional testing, design communication, rapid tooling and more.
- ProJet® 660 Professional 3D Printer - The ProJet 660 targets consumer products, healthcare, education and other vertical market customers that are interested in printing full-color, photo-realistic models for product design, prototypes, assemblies and color concept models.
"We are excited to work with a partner like Konica Minolta Australia and expand our coverage through their established network to accelerate 3D printing adoption," said Michele Marchesan, Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer, 3DS. "Konica Minolta brings strong customer relationships, service and support, and provides us an opportunity to extend our advanced 3D printing technology to a wider range of customers and applications."
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com.
About Konica Minolta Australia
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia Pty Ltd is a market leading provider of integrated solutions and managed services with the power to transform business environments. Konica Minolta works with organizations large and small to provide integrated print and content management solutions and services to improve productivity, reduce costs, increase security and achieve sustainability outcomes. Optimized Print Services (OPS) combine consultancy with hardware and software implementation and operation.
Headquartered in Sydney, Konica Minolta Australia delivers expert professional services with experienced and responsive client support, in addition to the world-class service provided through its extensive network of direct sales offices and authorized dealers.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions available today, including 3D printers, print materials and cloud-sourced custom parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading personalized medicine capabilities save lives and include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of surgical instruments and devices for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3DS' products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
Leadership through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented MultiJet Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS pioneered virtual surgical simulation (VSSTM) and virtual surgical planning (VSP®), and its leading 3D healthcare products and services help doctors achieve better patient outcomes.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.
Source:3D Systems Corporation