Informatica World, Las Vegas, May 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today previewed the full keynote speaker roster and week of activities for Informatica World 2015 - The Conference about All Things Data - kicking off today at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Now in its 16th year as the premier data management event, this year's conference provides a forum for industry visionaries, leading strategists, top IT practitioners, business executives and data scientists to share insights and guidance on unleashing the business and societal potential of data in the Age of Engagement.
More than 2,400 attendees are expected at this year's annual event, which is being sponsored by 45 leading companies within the IT industry. Attendees will have access to new specialized Summits within the conference, and over 140 breakout sessions led by experts and peers.
· New this year, Informatica is excited to have theCUBE - a leading live interview show that covers enterprise technology and innovation - on site at Informatica World. Interviews hosted by SiliconAngle will feature Informatica executives, practitioners and industry experts discussing all things data and will be streamed live and available after the show at http://siliconangle.tv/informatica-world-2015/.
· Read the blog by Marge Breya, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Informatica, on the company's new Data Ready Campaign.
· Register for Informatica World 2015. Join the social conversation at #INFA15.
The main stage keynote speaker lineup for Informatica World 2015 includes:
Tues., May 12 - Sohaib Abbasi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Informatica
Dr. Michael J. Franklin, Professor of Computer Science, UC Berkeley
Anil Chakravarthy, EVP and Chief Product Officer, Informatica
Wed., May 13 - Narendra Mulani, Senior Managing Director, Accenture Analytics
Steven Levitt, Economist and Best-Selling Author (Freakonomics)
Thurs., May 14 - Ivan Chong, EVP and Chief Strategy Officer, Informatica
Marge Breya, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer, Informatica
Jake Porway, Founder, DataKind
Special focus areas, or Summits, led by technology leaders and top IT practitioners include:
· Big Data Ready Summit. 1:30 - 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 12. Learn how to accelerate the successful transition from traditional data management to the new world of big data analytics. Keynoted by Tom Davenport, Distinguished Professor in Management and Information Technology at Babson College and best-selling author, with industry panelists Capgemini, Cloudera, Cognizant and Hortonworks, and customer panelists from AT&T, Devon Energy, Johnson & Johnson, KPN, and Transamerica.
· Cloud Innovation Summit. 10:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 12. Hear from Amazon Web Services and Salesforce executives about the future of cloud analytics, and from cloud apps and platform leaders AWS, Marketo, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce and Tableau about how to get the most out of a cloud integration environment.
· MDM Day. 10:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 12. Attendees will learn from Master Data Management (MDM) experts and practitioners how to increase success with MDM as part of an Enterprise Information Management strategy.
Deep Dive Breakout Sessions
More than 140 Breakout Sessions - including Roundtables and "Meet-the-Experts" sessions - will deliver practical advice, showcase Informatica's and its partners' product visions, and highlight outstanding customer successes in key areas such as:
· Data Integration
· Data Security and Privacy
· Information Quality and Governance
· The Informatica Platform and Architecture
Informatica Innovation Awards Winners
The winners of the 2015 Informatica Innovation Awards program will be announced at a gala awards ceremony on Tuesday evening, May 12. The Innovation Awards recognize organizations that are transforming their businesses by using Informatica solutions to help unleash the full potential of their data. Organizations will be honored in six categories: Analytics, Application Consolidation, Cloud Modernization, Data Governance, Total Customer Relationship and Architectural Platform.
Community Service Event: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada
Informatica Involved will be the first financial supporter of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Nevada's (BBBS) crowdsourcing campaign to expand its afterschool program and improve graduation rates. Informatica will interview BBBS staff and local students to create a promotional video for the crowdsourcing campaign. The resulting video will be used to raise money for BBBS's innovative mentor2.0 program that leverages IT technology and tools to engage with at-risk high school students and connect them with mentors.
Tweet this: News: @InformaticaWorld -The Conference about All Things Data - Rolls Into Las Vegas http://infa.media/IW15 #INFA15
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,800 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation,http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Vibe and the Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Steve Bauer Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 4159 +1 650 670 7135 firstname.lastname@example.org