LOUISVILLE, Ky., May 12, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A senior executive from the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland will provide the Keynote Address at the INVESTKentucky Equity Conference on June 5 at Churchill Downs.
Dr. Mark Schweitzer, senior vice president of External Outreach and Regional Analytics, will share his perspective about the region's economy and outlook. Schweitzer attends Federal Open Market Committee meetings and advises the Cleveland Reserve Bank's president and board of directors on regional economic developments and policy issues. He has focused his research on labor market developments and factors fueling regional economic growth. (Bio: www.investky.com/keynotespeaker.html)
Since the inaugural conference in 2004, INVEST events have featured leading economic, political and business thought leaders as speakers. The event allows professional investors, analysts and business professionals the opportunity to interact with top executives from the state's leading public companies.
The 2015 INVESTKentucky opens with a Bourbon Summit panel, which features industry insiders and industry executives discussing the rapid changes taking place in the bourbon industry. The panel includes:
- Vivien Azer, Managing Director, Cowen & Co., New York, a senior research analyst who specializes in the beverage and tobacco sectors and who was named to Institutional Investor's All-America Research Team;
- Brandon Breunig, Chief Financial Officer, Michters Distillery, a private company recognized by Food & Wine magazine as "The Best American Whiskey;"
- Wes Henderson, Co-Founder, Chief Innovation Officer, Angel's Envy, a distilling operation acquired by Bacardi in March;
- Kent Oyler, the "serial entrepreneur" who as President and CEO leads Greater Louisville Inc., the Metro Chamber of Commerce. And;
- Moderator Dr. Rohan Christie-David, interim dean of the University of Louisville's College of Business, who has been named one of the "Most Prolific Authors in Finance Literature."
Professional investors and members of the CFA Society of Louisville and Financial Executives International-Louisville chapters may attend the entire day's events at no charge, but registration is required. A registration code is available from the CFA Society and FEI or by contacting INVESTKentucky. Business professionals may also attend INVESTKentucky for a nominal fee. Detailed information is available on the registration page of www.investky.com.
The KY Public Company of the Year Honors luncheon (included for registered INVESTKentucky attendees) is open to the public. Individual tickets are $55 and include the KPCY Awards, the INVESTKentucky keynote address, lunch and afternoon racing. Tickets for the KPCY Event (only) can be purchased at www.tinyurl.com/kypubco.
The InvestKY Digital Program Guide, an iBook with information about the conference and the Kentucky Public Company of the Year finalists, can be downloaded in advance from the Apple iBooks Store.
Sponsors and Partners
Title Sponsor for INVESTKentucky is the region's premier investment banking firm, Hilliard Lyons, joined by professional services firms Crowe Horwath LLP and Frost Brown Todd LLC as Platinum sponsors and a host of Gold sponsors. The CFA Society, FEI and Mozaic IR are organizing partners.
Registration and Information Links
INVESTKentucky conference Information: www.investky.com.
INVESTKentucky Investor and Business attendance registration: www.tinyurl.com/INVESTKY2015
KPCY Awards/Lunch/Keynote Speaker tickets: www.tinyurl.com/kypubco
CONTACT: Terry McWilliams, Chairman, INVESTKentucky, 502.410.2113, firstname.lastname@example.org. Louis Lemos, 502.400.6017, email@example.com. (Investment community) Social: facebook.com/INVESTEVENTS Twitter: @invest_confs