Informatica World, Las Vegas, May 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that it is providing the crucial data integration backbone for Connecticut's flourishing health insurance marketplace, Access Health CT. With one of the best sign-up rates of any health insurance exchange the country, Access Health CT has been so successful that Connecticut intends to franchise the technology, selling an "exchange in a box" to other states.
"From day one, Informatica has been a linchpin of Access Health CT's ability to successfully address the needs of Connecticut's uninsured citizens, on deadline and well within budget," said Peter Nichol, director of IT, Access Health CT. "We faced some distinctly non-standard challenges, from a large range of data types and sources, to data timeliness and trustworthiness, to compliance, all capped by an aggressive go-live schedule. Informatica provides us with the advanced data integration capabilities we need while saving us enormous amounts of time, effort and money."
Established to satisfy requirements of the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA), Access Health CT went live in September 2013, prior to the ACA October 1 deadline and five percent below budget. More than 282,000 Connecticut residents - 53 percent of which were previously uninsured - have subsequently enrolled through the exchange, dropping the state's uninsured rate by 50 percent. Significantly, 83 percent of qualified health plan enrollees and 91 percent of Medicaid enrollees report satisfaction in using the system.
Behind the scenes, Access Health CT uses Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Advanced Data Transformation software to help ensure the accuracy, efficiency and performance of the exchange. This includes:
- Accelerating the integration and transformation of data in disparate formats across multiple internal and external entities, from insurance carriers to government agencies.
- Delivering a single, authoritative view of individuals, families, businesses, health insurance plans and program participation.
- Reducing error rates, waste, fraud and abuse while improving eligibility accuracy through advanced data matching and identity resolution technologies.
- Meeting stringent data governance and reporting mandates (e.g., IRS and Medicare reporting) and increasing transparency to citizens and other agencies.
- For example, Informatica software extracts the enrollment data and transforms it automatically, out of the box, while ensuring the resulting file adheres to HIPAA and X12 standards.
- Informatica also enables Access Health CT to avoid the creation of costly custom routines for mapping data to the warehouse, resulting in an easier to maintain and more flexible management reporting environment with faster processing times.
"The data integration challenges faced by Access Health CT are shared with other health insurance exchanges and increasingly with private and public sector organizations around the world, which are building the complex systems that will enable them to thrive in today's economy and society," said Amit Walia, senior vice president and general manager, Data Integration and Data Security, Informatica. "Informatica has partnered with Access Health CT to provide a flexible, high performance and secure data integration infrastructure that has helped the organization hit the ground running in serving Connecticut with an efficient health insurance marketplace."
Tweet this: News: @InformaticaCorp Powers Connecticut's Thriving Health Insurance Marketplace http://infa.media/Connecticut
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,800 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Advanced Data Transformation, Informatica Platform and Informatica Vibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.