NEW YORK, May 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways is giving U.S. music fans a new way to access insider information on the rising stars of the British music scene with the launch of its #BAListenUp platform. From exclusive music partnerships and live performances, to behind-the-scenes interviews and insider guides to unique music experiences taking place this summer, U.S. audiences will discover the new influences shaping Britain's booming music culture.
British Airways Listen Up will kick off on Thursday, May 14, with an electrifying live concert in Brooklyn, NY. The launch will unite rising U.K. and U.S. artists, offering guests a taste of what is waiting for them on the other side of the pond this summer. Highlights from the concert and exclusive video content will be accessible through the British Airways Listen Up hub – ba.com/ListenUp. First-hand accounts from U.S. cultural tastemakers experiencing their own trips to Great Britain will also be available, along with travel deals and ideas to inspire viewers to go and explore for themselves.
Sean Doyle, EVP Americas, British Airways said: "British Airways prides itself on offering one of the most eclectic music experiences in the sky. Music helps people relax when they fly so we feature classic, current and emerging artists through our inflight entertainment. We are looking forward to making the new Listen Up content available to our customers across the world at 35,000 feet."
British Airways has partnered with Communion, a music label founded by Mumford & Sons' Ben Lovett, to help curate and showcase some of the most promising new voices in music today and allowing their sounds to take flight.
Current #BAListenUp artists include:
- Jamie N Commons - British singer/guitarist who delivers a gritty brand of rock & roll that instantly transports any listener to another era
- Bear's Den - a BASCA award-nominated London trio gaining notoriety after releasing their critically acclaimed debut album Islands. See them at Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Edmonton Folk Festival and a host of European summer festivals.
- Catfish and the Bottlemen - exploded with the release of their debut The Balcony, winning the BBC's Introducing award and the AIF Live Act of the Year award in the same year, a feat yet to be equaled. Currently touring the world
- The Staves - Following the critical success of their sophomore album, "If I Was" produced by Bon Iver's Justin Vernon, the English sisters and their band will be touring the UK, USA and Canada this fall.
- Leon Bridges - is an American gospel and soul singer from Fort Worth, Texas. He is best known for his song Coming Home, a Top 10 Most Viral Track on Spotify.
- World renowned DJ Pete Tong will also perform at the launch of ListenUp on May 14, showing his support for the next generation of talent breaking out in the U.S.
Tyler Bates, Head of Operations and Business Development, Communion Presents said: "The 'British Invasion' has had tremendous impact on music across the world and the UK and continues to be a source of extraordinary talent and influence. With the increasing costs to gain exposure, it is becoming harder for artists to grow, so we're very proud to be working with British Airways to create opportunities that will positively impact the careers of artists in the US and UK."
About British Airways:
British Airways is one of the world's leading global premium airlines and the largest international carrier in the UK. The airline currently flies to London from 25 cities in North America and has a fleet of more than 240 aircraft. Customers can collect and redeem frequent flier miles across American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair and Iberia.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @British_Airways #BAListenUp
Communion Presents, part of its parent company Communion Music, is an independent international concert promoter that spans both the US & UK. The U.S. nights are modeled on original Communion Club Nights formed in Notting Hill, London. Since its conception in 2006 by Ben Lovett, Kevin Jones and Ian Grimble, Communion has promoted shows across three different continents. Communion Music also has a record label in the US & UK and has worked with artists such as Ben Howard, Michael Kiwanuka, and Catfish & The Bottlemen amongst many others. Visit CommunionMusic.com and communionmusic.co.uk to learn more about all things Communion.
CONTACT: Press Contact: Kaisa Talaga at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.226.4405 ext.356
Source:British Airways PLC