PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With summer just around the corner and school coming to an end, it's the perfect time to plan a summer move. If you're planning to relocate or move belongings to and from storage, let Budget Truck Rental help. Simply follow these guidelines to make your move more efficient, less stressful and safer.
- Plan your truck needs ahead of time. A Budget Truck Rental representative can help you estimate what size is best, based on how many cubic feet your common household items require.
- Allow plenty of time for your move. A common mistake by first-time do-it-yourself movers is underestimating the amount of time it takes to pick up a rental truck, as well as the time required for proper packing, weather delays and traffic. Allocating sufficient time for each step in the process will help make your move stress-free.
- Mid-week is the best time to reserve your truck. During the peak summer moving season, some locations may be sold out of certain trucks on weekends. For the best selection and availability, reserve your truck mid-week (Sunday through Thursday) and mid-month.
- Don't forget to include moving equipment with your truck rental. Hand trucks and moving pads help make your move easier and protect your possessions, and are available for rent from any Budget Truck Rental location.
- Need boxes? Tape? Budget's got you covered. Budget Truck Rental offers a wide variety of boxes, tape, plastic cushioning wrap and rope to make moving easier.
- Plan your travel route. Did you know that trucks are prohibited on some roads? Be sure to plan the proper route ahead of time to avoid getting lost, receiving a police citation for driving on roads where trucks are prohibited or getting stuck beneath a low overpass.
- Know the right ways to load the truck. Measure door openings for large items so you know how you will move them out. You may have to remove doors or disassemble items to get the proper clearance. Load heavy items, like appliances, onto the truck first and load them into the front of the truck (behind the cab). If you have long items that will not fit standing up or across the width of truck, load them along the length of the truck before the truck becomes too full.
- Drive safely. Take the time to adjust your mirrors. Be careful when backing up and never back up with towing equipment. Use extra caution on sharp turns. Trucks are longer and wider and need more turning area than cars. Always use the turn signal. Allow greater distance (at least five vehicle lengths) between the truck and the vehicle ahead of you. Watch for overhead clearances. Allow for at least 14 feet of overhead clearance. Beware of low canopies, overpasses, bridges, drive-through lanes, tree branches, parking garages and signs prohibiting truck traffic.
"Moving is not easy, nor is it fun; but it can be manageable," said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. "With conveniently located facilities, knowledgeable staff and these useful tips, Budget Truck Rental can help to make your experience as easy as possible."
Budget Truck Rental's fleet features 10-foot, 16-foot and 24-foot trucks with ramps or lift- gates and is one of the cleanest and best-maintained rental truck fleets on the road. Every vehicle undergoes a 10-point quality inspection to ensure proper fluid levels, tire pressure and other necessary elements for a reliable, safe rental. All Budget trucks feature automatic transmissions and have 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
For other helpful moving tips or to make a reservation, visit www.budgettruck.com.
About Budget Truck Rental
Budget Truck Rental is a leading truck rental company in the United States, serving both the consumer and light commercial sectors. Budget Truck Rental operates through a network of approximately 1,500 corporate-owned and dealer locations throughout the continental United States. Budget Truck Rental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR). For further information, visit www.budgettruck.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Budget Truck Rental