ST. LOUIS, May 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) is please to announce its new Board of Directors for 2015-2016. Led by the NAED chair, the Board of Directors is a dedicated group of industry leaders who volunteer their time and efforts to improve the association and the electrical distribution channel.
Glenn Goedecke became the 2015-2016 NAED chair at the conclusion of the National Meeting held May 16-19 in Chicago.
Goedecke has served the electrical distribution industry for more than 30 years and has been involved with NAED for more than 20 years. During that time, Goedecke has served on numerous task forces and been involved with board meetings. He's also served two years as the South Central Region Vice President.
"To become a leader of the organization that has given so much to me over the years is a gift," said Goedecke. "I look forward to having the opportunity to give back to the industry."
Goedecke succeeds Maureen Barsema, vice president, Business Administration, Buffalo Grove, Ill.-based City Revere Electric Supply, and will be followed in 2016 by Larry Stern, president, Standard Electric Supply Co., Milwaukee, Wis., who was named board chair-elect.
Members of the Board of Directors for the 2015-2016 term are:
- Glenn Goedecke, NAED Board Chair, Mayer Electric Supply, Birmingham, Ala.
- Maureen Barsema, Past NAED Board Chair, Revere Electric Supply, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
- Larry Stern, Chair-elect, Standard Electric Supply Co., Milwaukee, Wis.
- Daniel Dungan, South Central Region Vice President, Springfield Electric Supply, Springfield, Ill.
- John Maltby, Western Region Vice President, Maltby Electric Supply, San Francisco
- George Vorwick, Eastern Region Vice President, United Electric Supply, Wilmington, Del.
- Mick Leibold, Western Region Vice President-elect, Broken Arrow Electric Supply Inc., Broken Arrow, Okla.
- Darrell D. Smith, South Central Region Vice President-elect, IAC Supply Solutions, Memphis, Tenn.
- Jeff Van Zandt, Eastern Region Vice President-elect, Tri State Supply Company, Inc., Washington, Pa.
- Scott O'Day, Eastern Region Past Vice President, Controller Service & Sales Co., Avon, Mass.
- Kelly Vliet, South Central Region Past Vice President, Medler Electric Co., Alma, Mich.
- Bill Squires, NAED Foundation Chair, SMC, Springfield, Mo.
- John Hardy, NAED Foundation Chair-elect, CapitalTristate, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Wes Smith, IDEA Representative, Mayer Electric Supply, Birmingham, Ala.
- Martin Burbridge, Member-at-large, Crescent Electric Supply, East Dubuque, Ill.
- David Maxwell, Member-at-large, Graybar, Dublin, Calif.
- David Rosenstein, Member-at-large, ConneXion, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
- Jeffrey Stroin, Member-at-large, WESCO Distribution, Concord, Calif.
- Rick Angel, Member-at-large, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., Coopersburg, Pa.
- John Cain, NAED Finance Committee Chair, Wiseway Supply, Florence, Ky.
- Gena Redding, NAED LEAD Committee Chair, Standard Electric Supply Co., Milwaukee, Wis.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED's membership operates in nearly 5,100 locations internationally.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=33164
CONTACT: Cathy Bryson 314-991-9000Source:National Association of Electrical Distributors