TUSTIN, Calif., May 27, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:PPHM) (Nasdaq:PPHMP), a biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing bavituximab, a novel immuno-oncology (I-O) agent in Phase III development for the treatment of lung cancer, invites investors and the general public to listen to a webcast of its roundtable discussion in conjunction with the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting. This roundtable is comprised of key opinion leaders in the field of Immunotherapy who will discuss novel I-O combination therapies that may improve patient outcomes.
Title: "Raising the Immuno-Oncology Bar: The Next Wave of Immune Modulating Checkpoint Inhibitors"
Date/ Time: Sunday, May 31, 2015 from 6:00- 7:00 PM Central Time
The event is being hosted by Peregrine Pharmaceuticals and will be webcast live and archived for 60 days. The event may be accessed from the home page of Peregrine Pharmaceuticals' website at www.peregrineinc.com. For the live event, listeners are encouraged to login 5 to 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start in order to verify system requirements and complete registration.
Lori Kunkel, M.D. will moderate this event. Dr. Kunkel serves on the Board of Directors of Loxo Oncology, where she held the position of Acting Chief Medical Officer. Previously, Dr. Kunkel was Chief Medical Officer at Pharmacyclics and Proteolix and has also held senior roles at ACT Therapeutics, Syndax, Xencor, and Genitope. Dr. Kunkel received her M.D. from the University of Southern California and her B.A. degree from the University of California San Diego.
The panel includes:
- Scott J. Antonia, M.D., Ph.D., Department Chair, Program Leader, Thoracic Oncology Department Associate Professor Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Program Leader of the Immunology Program, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida
- Dmitry I. Gabrilovich, M.D., Ph.D., Christopher M. Davis Professor in Cancer Research, and Program Leader, Translational Tumor Immunology, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Kathy D. Miller, M.D., Ballve Lantero Scholar in Oncology, Professor, Department of Medicine, Co-Director, Simon Cancer Center Breast Cancer Program, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Dmitriy Zamarin, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Attending Physician, Gynecologic Medical Oncology and Immunotherapeutics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Matthew D. Hellman, M.D., Assistant Attending Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Alexander M. Lesokhin, M.D., Assistant Member, Assistant Attending Physician, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Rolf A. Brekken, Ph.D., Effie Marie Cain Research Scholar in Angiogenesis Research, Professor, Departments of Surgery and Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
About Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of novel drug candidates in clinical trials for the treatment and diagnosis of cancer. The company's lead immunotherapy candidate, bavituximab is in Phase III development for the treatment of second-line non-small lung cancer (the "SUNRISE trial") along with several investigator-sponsored trials evaluating other treatment combinations and additional oncology indications. The company is also advancing a molecular imaging agent, 124I-PGN650, in an exploratory clinical trial for the imaging of multiple solid tumor types. Peregrine also has in-house cGMP manufacturing capabilities through its wholly-owned subsidiary Avid Bioservices, Inc. (www.avidbio.com), which provides development and biomanufacturing services for both Peregrine and third-party customers. Additional information about Peregrine can be found at www.peregrineinc.com.
CONTACT: Christopher Keenan Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (800) 987-8256 email@example.com
Source:Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc.