NEW YORK, May 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Wall Street Journal will again convene nearly 100 leading global chief financial officers from the world’s top corporations at the annual meeting of the CFO Network. The invitation-only event, which will take place June 15-16 at the Park Hyatt in Washington, D.C., will address the most pressing business and policy issues facing corporate finance today.
The gathering will feature policymakers and leaders from a range of sectors. General Michael Hayden, Principal of The Chertoff Group, will open the program in an interview with Wall Street Journal Editor in Chief Gerard Baker (@gerardtbaker) on global security and whether it is getting safer or more dangerous to do business around the world.
Other speakers include:
- Ambassador Charlene Barshefsky, Senior International Partner, WilmerHale; U.S. Trade Representative (1997-2001)
- Shaun Donovan, Director, Office of Management and Budget, Secretary of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (2009-2014)
- Keith F. Higgins, Director, Division of Corporation Finance, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group
- Kevin McCarthy, U.S. House Majority Leader, U.S. Representative (R. Calif.)
- John H. Noseworthy, M.D, President and CEO, Mayo Clinic
- Charles Penner, Partner and Chief Legal Officer, JANA Partners LLC
- Paul Ryan, Chairman, House Ways and Means Committee, U.S. Representative (R., Wis.)
- Bernard J. Tyson, Chairman and CEO, Kaiser Permanente
- Chris Young, Head of Contested Situations, Credit Suisse
Speakers will be interviewed by top editors from The Wall Street Journal, including Deputy Editor in Chief Rebecca Blumenstein (@RBlumenstein), Associate Editor John Bussey (@johncbussey), Assistant Managing Editor Laura Landro (@LauraLandroWSJ), Business Editor Dennis Berman (@DKBerman), and Washington Bureau Chief Gerald F. Seib (@GeraldFSeib).
In addition to the on-stage discussions, The Wall Street Journal CFO Network meeting includes subject-specific Task Force sessions in which the CFO members collaborate to develop a strategic agenda for financial leadership in key areas facing global corporate finance executives.
The results of the meeting will be published in a worldwide special report on June 22 in The Wall Street Journal and on WSJ.com. For more information on The Wall Street Journal CFO Network and its annual meeting, please visit: cfonetwork.wsj.com/. Follow the social conversation at #WSJCFO.
About The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. Published by Dow Jones, which has nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus around the world, The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. & world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
Media Contact Tom Amos Dow Jones & Company email@example.com 212 416 4952
Source:Dow Jones & Company