DALLAS, June 8, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rockbridge and Crescent Hotels & Resorts announce the commencement of an unprecedented multi-million dollar renovation to Dallas' historic downtown landmark, The Adolphus Hotel, a Rockbridge Portfolio property. Beginning a new chapter in its 100-year heritage, the iconic, legendary hotel is undergoing a comprehensive, property-wide renovation that will modernize and vitalize the property while preserving its matchless history, elegance and charm. The scope of the renovation includes the complete refurbishment of all guest rooms, public spaces and meeting spaces; the addition of a new 19th floor ballroom; construction of a 7th floor rooftop pool and bar; introduction of a new luxury spa and fitness center; refreshment of the acclaimed French Room Restaurant; and the development of new dining and retail outlets.
The renovation of The Adolphus is being led by RB Hotel Development, an affiliate of Rockbridge, and Dallas-based design firm Duncan Miller Ullmann (DMU), whose vision for the restoration process blends reverence for the hotel's historic character with fresh elements that channel the modern sophistication and vibrancy of downtown Dallas today. The Adolphus will remain open throughout the project, which will be staged so as not to detract from the comfort and experience of hotel guests. Additional project details include:
- Full renovation of existing meeting and event space comprising 24,000 sq. ft., complete as of January 2015, with installation of new carpet, wall coverings, furniture, seating, window treatments, accent sconces, lighting and audio/video technology, as well as remodeled the business center to complement the designers' vision.
- Adding 3,700 sq. ft. of meeting space with the restoration of the hotel's 19th floor ballroom, bringing total meeting and event space to 27,700 sq. ft.
- Complete redesign and refurnishing of 407 spacious guest rooms, luxury suites, penthouse quarters and corridors, including all new bathrooms and vanity areas.
- Addition of a luxurious concierge lounge on the 8th floor, which will offer 2,130 sq. ft. of multi-functional indoor and outdoor space.
- Upgrading hotel public spaces including a fully renovated check-in lobby, modernized restrooms and reception area, as well as new furnishings, flooring and accessories in the main lobby bar and lounge, known as the "Living Room."
- Creating a new 7th floor rooftop pool and bar with commanding city views, cabanas, fire features, creative food and beverage offerings and 9,500 sq. ft. of al fresco space.
- Construction of a new full-service, luxury salon and spa offering individual and couples treatment rooms, women and men's locker rooms, complete with indoor and outdoor relaxation lounges and a large fitness facility with state-of-the-art aerobic and strength training equipment.
- Revamping of the hotel food and beverage outlets including a refreshment of the décor and menu at the acclaimed French Room restaurant and the introduction of a new all-day dining restaurant and coffeehouse.
"For over a century The Adolphus has been a crucial part of Dallas' cultural fabric, hosting countless meetings, receptions and parties honoring all of life's milestones," said Rockbridge President and CEO Jim Merkel. "This renovation represents a renewal of The Adolphus' historic role in Dallas culture and an expansion of its great legacy."
"Every detail, large or small, will be designed to enhance the guest experience in an authentic, thoughtful way," said Michael George, CEO of Crescent Hotels & Resorts. "The new look and feel will incorporate elements of its illustrious past while exceeding the expectations and desires of today's most discerning travelers."
Often referred to as the "Grande Dame of Downtown Dallas," The Adolphus has been a legend among America's historic hotels since 1912, when beer baron Adolphus Busch -- co-founder of Anheuser-Busch – answered the call of Dallas city founders to erect a luxury palace worthy of its city's grand ambitions. Mr. Busch delivered Dallas' tallest building at the time -- a 23-story masterpiece of Beaux Arts architecture hailed by critics as "the most beautiful building west of Venice." Since then, and throughout its storied history, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas' high culture, regularly hosting luminaries, entertainers and world leaders such as Queen Elizabeth II, the Vanderbilts, Oscar de la Renta, Babe Ruth and multiple U.S. Presidents.
For additional information about The Adolphus Hotel please visit www.hoteladolphus.com or call 214.742.8200.
Rockbridge is a private equity firm that invests in real estate. Over the past 20+ years, it has made more than 330 hotel investments in 44 states in transactions worth more than $5 billion. Through its deep in-house experience and strong foundation of industry relationships, Rockbridge has delivered a track record of high absolute returns across multiple cycles and is a leading investor in hospitality. For more information about Rockbridge, please visit www.rockbridgecapital.com.
About Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is a nationally recognized operator of hotels and resorts. Crescent currently operates over 100 hotels and resorts in 36 states in the U.S. and 4 provinces in Canada. Crescent is one of the few elite management companies approved to operate upper-upscale and luxury hotels under the brand families of Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt and IHG. Crescent also operates a collection of legendary independent hotels and resorts. Crescent's clients are made up of hotel REITs, private equity firms and major developers. For more information, please visit www.chrco.com.
About RB Hotel Development
RB Hotel Development (RBHD), an affiliate of Rockbridge, is a development and construction management company that manages Rockbridge's complex hotel renovation and development projects from conception to completion. RBHD has completed nearly $500 million in hotel development and renovation projects over the last four years.
CONTACT: For Media Information: Anna Whiddon - 850.668.2222 The Zimmerman Agency email@example.com
Source:The Adolphus Hotel