PARSIPPANY, N.J., June 9, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At any point in the car rental reservation process, whether in person, by phone, online, or via the Avis mobile app, Avis Car Rental offers an easy opportunity to provide an email address. So why should you do this?
Providing an email address allows Avis to communicate more effectively with renters before, during and after a transaction, and those communications are important. Avis can provide customers who have email addresses on file with an email confirmation of the details of their reservation, can contact a customer if there's a problem with the vehicle, and can email a receipt immediately upon completion of a rental transaction. And those customers who opt in can easily choose to receive emails with money-saving offers on Avis rentals.
"We respect the privacy of our customers and communicate with renters through email when needed," said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. "Providing us with your email address gives us a way to ensure we stay connected throughout your rental so as to help ensure that your car rental experience, whether on vacation or business, is worry-free."
Examples of ways Avis helps customers via email during and after a trip include:
- Skip the Counter: Travelers who enroll in Avis Preferred can bypass the rental counter and head straight to their car and be on their way. An email address is required to complete an Avis Preferred reservation, and this is used to alert renters to the parking space number where their car is waiting. Customers enrolled in these programs can also be eligible to sign up to receive frequent-renter benefits and other rewards for renting from Avis.
- Save Money and Stay Informed: Sign up on Avis.com and provide your email address to receive email promotions, discounts, special offers, information about new products and services, and the latest news from Avis. These emails are optimized for viewing on mobile devices, and customers can opt out to withdraw consent at any time.
- E-Receipt: Any customer who provides an email address can have their Avis receipt sent directly to them upon completion of the return process, saving time, paper and eliminating the problem of lost receipts for travel expense accounting.
- Lost and Found: Every day, someone somewhere is getting on a plane heading home having left their phone, tablet, laptop, prescription sunglasses, luggage or other important item in their rental car. With an email address on file, Avis can let customers know their belongings have been found and effect a faster return.
- Feedback Surveys: Every Avis customer who provides an email address is sent a customer satisfaction survey within minutes of completing a rental, providing an opportunity to rate the rental experience and help us ensure that we are meeting or exceeding every customer's expectations, every time they rent.
- Vehicle Safety Recalls: The Company's long-standing policy is to immediately ground recalled vehicles upon receipt of the applicable Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) from the manufacturer. Avis will not rent or sell these cars until they have received the authorized repairs. For renters who may have one of these recalled cars out on the road, Avis will try to get in touch with the customer, inform them of the recall and the issue with the car, and offer the opportunity to return the vehicle to a nearby location and exchange to a different car.
"Our ability to communicate directly with customers allows us to deliver a superior customer experience by proactively resolving potential problems faster," said Ferraro. "It's fast and it's easy to do, so if you plan to rent a car this summer, consider taking an extra minute to give us your email address, so we can stay connected and help make your trip more enjoyable."
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,200 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Avis Car Rental