PARIS, June 10, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- France Biotech (www.france-biotech.org), an association of entrepreneurs in the life sciences industry, today announced the companies and partners which will participate in the second edition "French Life Science Days," a major event that brings together French biotech, medtech, and cleantech companies with specialized American investors. The event will take place on June 18 in New York. An opening party will also be held on June 17.
The first "French Life Science Days" 2014 attracted more than 50 American investors and the organization of 70 face-to-face meetings. This first edition was also widely covered by the media in France and the US (Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Les Echos, La Tribune and a special edition with BFM).
The life sciences industry is growing with the market capitalization of our listed companies from 7.264 billion euros at the end of 2014 to 10.188 billion euros in late May 2015 (+ 40.15 %). If we compare the Next Biotech index with the CAC40 since January 1, 2015, the Next Biotech Index shows a course of 2075.25 (+ 43.07 %) vs the CAC40 which is at 5137.68 (+ 20.25%).
"This year, 18 of our best listed companies will have the opportunity to introduce themselves to American investment funds specializing in the life sciences during one-to-one interviews. American investors show an increasing interest for our companies which offer leading innovations and grow internationally. Our life sciences industry in France knows a great boom with the number of listed companies increased from 52 late 2014 to 57 in late May 2015. We thank the 18 participating companies and our partners (Bryan, Garnier & Co, EnterNext , Invest Securities, Jones Day, Mazars, NewCap and the Ruth Group), which are all experts in their industry", says Pierre-Olivier GOINEAU, France Biotech President.
The 18 listed companies (biotech, cleantech and medtech), recognized for their breakthrough innovations, achievements and international exposure, are:
- Adocia, (Euronext Paris: ADOC, FR0011184241), is a clinical stage biotechnology company that specializes in the development of innovative formulations of already approved therapeutic proteins with a strong expertise on insulins.
- Bone Therapeutics, (Euronext Paris & Bruxelles: BOTHE, BE0974280126), is a leading biotechnology company specializing in the development of cell therapy products intended for bone fracture repair and fracture prevention.
- Carbios, (Alternext Paris: ALCRB, FR0011648716), is a young, innovative green chemistry company, whose mission is to find biological solutions to the environmental and sustainable development issues faced by industrial businesses today.
- Crossject, (Euronext Paris: ALCJ, FR0011716265) is using its world-leading needle-free injection system, ZENEO®, to develop a pipeline of high value SUPERGENERICS.
- Diaxonhit, (Alternext: ALEHT, FR0004054427), a French fully integrated leader in the in vitro diagnostic field, involved from research to commercialization of specialty diagnostic products.
- Erytech Pharma, (Euronext Paris: ERYP, FR0011471135), the French biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative 'tumor starvation' treatments for acute leukemia and other oncology indications with unmet medical needs.
- Genticel, (Euronext Paris & Bruxelles: FR0011790542 - GTCL), is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, based in Toulouse and Paris, France, which develops vaccines for patients infected with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Genomic Vision, (Euronext Paris: GV, FR0011799907), a molecular diagnostics company that specializes in the development of diagnostic tests for genetic diseases and cancers using the DNA molecular combing technology.
- Implanet, (Euronext Paris: IMPL, FR0010458729, Eligible PEA-PME), a European company which provides implants of uncompromising and indisputable quality to healthcare professionals treating orthopaedic patients.
- Olmix, (Euronext free market: MLOLM, FR0010176115), offers natural algae-based solutions for the nutrition and health of the plants and animals.
- Onxeo, (Euronext Paris, Nasdaq Copenhagen: ONXEO, FR0010095596 - ONXEO), an innovative company specializing in the development of orphan oncology drugs.
- OSE Pharma, (Euronext Paris: OSE, FR0012127173) is a biotechnology company based in France, developing immunotherapy products against invasive/metastatic late-stage cancers.
- Pixium Vision, (Euronext Paris: PIX, FR0011950641), is developing innovative Vision Restoration Systems (VRS) that aim to significantly improve the independence, mobility and quality of life of patients who have lost their sight.
- Quantum Genomics, (Alternext: ALQGC, FR0011648971), a biopharmaceutical research company developing new treatments in the field of cardiovascular diseases.
- Sensorion, (Alternext: ALSEN, FR0012596468 – ALSEN), is a private pharmaceutical company, pioneer in the area of the pathologies of the inner ear.
- Theradiag, (Alternext: ALTER, FR0004197747), a company specializing in theranostics and in vitro diagnostics.
- TxCell (Euronext Paris: TXCL, FR0010127662 - Eligible PEA-PME), a biotechnology company developing innovative personalized cell-based immunotherapies.
- Valneva, (Euronext Paris: VLA, FR0004056851), is a biotechnology company developing, manufacturing and commercializing innovative vaccines with a vision to protect people from infectious diseases.
The key partners, experts in life sciences industry and participating to the success of this second edition are:
- Investment banks: Bryan, Garnier & Co, and Invest Securities;
- EnterNext, a subsidiary of Euronext group dedicated to the promotion and development of its own stock market for SMEs - ETI;
- the international law firm Jones Day;
- Mazars audit firm;
- the investor relations agency and French financial communication NewCap;
- the strategic communication agency specialized in US health: the Ruth Group.
About the "French Life Science Days"
This second edition aims at fostering and boosting the connections between French listed companies and investors worldwide in an effort to facilitate exchanges and demonstrate the solidity of our own financial community. This "French Life Science days" initiative brings together key Parisian players (brokers, analysts, auditors, lawyers and communication agencies) to form a sponsorship committee that will support life sciences entrepreneurs. During this occasion, the French biotech companies listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange will introduce themselves to international investors.
About France Biotech
France Biotech brings together the main French life science companies and their expert partners. Its mission is to support the development of the French life sciences by advocating for a favorable regulatory and fiscal environment. In 2004, France Biotech successfully lobbied the French government to create a special fiscal status for innovative start-ups and continues to act as an advocate for the French innovative sector. The organization is currently chaired by Pierre-Olivier Goineau, Co-Founder and CEO of ERYTECH Pharma. France Biotech has over 150 members and its board of directors is composed of 17 entrepreneurs in the life sciences. For more information: http www.france-biotech.org
About the partners of the "French Life Science Days" in New York
About Bryan Garnier
Bryan, Garnier & Co is an international growth-focused independent investment bank with operations in London, Paris, Geneva, New York and New Delhi. Since 1996, Bryan, Garnier & Co has dealt with over 300 corporate clients. The firm employs 120 people and provides equity research, sales & trading, private and public capital raising and M&A services to growth companies and their investors, with a focus on the TMT, Healthcare, Renewable Energies & Environment, Specialty Retail and Business Services industry sectors. In 2013, Bryan, Garnier & Co received the Most Productive European Broker Award by Financial Times / Starmine. Bryan, Garnier & Co is a fully registered broker dealer authorized by the FCA in Europe and by the FINRA in the USA, and is a member of the London Stock Exchange, a member of NYSE Euronext and a listing sponsor on Alternext. Bryan Garnier & Co keeps on leading the financing of the European healthcare companies, in Europe and in the US and confirms its leading position in the financing of the European emerging biopharma industry, through private equity placements, PIPEs, and public offerings, on both the European and the American equity capital markets (LSE, AIM, Euronext, Alternext, and Nasdaq OMX). Cumulated placements managed by Bryan, Garnier & Co in healthcare exceeded €1 billion over the past 24 months including 3 Nasdaq IPOs (Galapagos, DBV Technologies and LDR Holding). For more information: www.bryangarnier.com
About Invest Securities
Invest Securities is an independent group offering the full range of financial services of an investment bank through three specialized entities:
- Invest Securities Corporate: corporate finance consulting firm for listed companies, family businesses, financial institutions or investment funds,
- Invest Securities SA: broker-dealer and Investment Services Provider,
- Amplégest: a private banking and asset management company.
Since its inception, Invest Securities Group assisted its clients in more than 3 billion euros worth of transactions (including IPOs, LBOs, private placements, trade sales, mergers and acquisitions). Invest Securities is the leader of IPO's underwriters on the Euronext market in terms of number of transactions over 1, 3 and 10 years. For more information: www.invest-securities.com
Launched in May 2013, EnterNext is the subsidiary of the Euronext Group designed to develop and promote its stock markets specifically for small and medium size enterprises (SMEs). Drawing on its pan-European presence, EnterNext brings together all Euronext Group initiatives for companies with market capitalisations under €1 billion, including companies listed in the B and C compartments of its regulated European markets and on Alternext, the market tailored to the needs of SMEs. For more information: www.enternext.biz
Founded in 1999, NewCap is an independent financial and corporate communication consultancy. Our team of 18 finance and communication professionals focuses on implementing programs that are tailored to corporate bosses' strategic goals and are designed to meet the specific requirements of the business community. Our strategic and operational approach is based on a tried and tested method and continual feedback in order to best communicate our clients' vision. Our offer is designed to meet all of a listed or non-listed company's communication, finance and corporate objectives. It is organised around three areas of expertise: consultancy, relationship-based marketing and optimal tool steering. NewCap has signed exclusive partnership agreements with several financial communication agencies in Europe and enjoys excellent relations with a number of partners in the United States. NewCap has a department entirely devoted to media relations for its 60 clients. Our commitments are based on maximising communication leverage in order to meet strategic objectives; boost and optimise networks of contacts and connections within the financial community and achieve tangible results. The Health sector is a priority one for NewCap, which has carried out the vast majority of this sector's IPOs, notably in the fields of medical devices and life sciences. Indeed, a number of our clients have been rewarded for the quality of their financial communication, both at the time of their IPO and regarding their after-market approach. For more information: www.newcap.fr
About Jones Day
Jones Day is a global full-service law firm with 41 offices in major centers of business and finance throughout the world. With 2400 lawyers worldwide, including 320 lawyers in California, 300 lawyers in New York and 120 lawyers in Paris, Jones Day is one of the 10 largest international law firms. Its unique governance system fosters an unparalleled level of integration and contributes to its perennial leading ranking for client service. Jones Day provides significant legal representation for almost half of the Fortune 500, Fortune Global 500, and FT Global 500. For more information: www.jonesday.com
About The Ruth Group
The Ruth Group (TRG) is a leading strategic communications firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. Founded in 1999, TRG provides investor and public relations counsel and services to a diverse group of innovative healthcare companies. We match the passion and commitment of our clients with dedicated teams focused on medical technology and tools/diagnostics, life sciences and healthcare services/HCIT. TRG's strong track record of success has been achieved through our breadth and depth of healthcare expertise, deep Wall Street relationships, integrated PR capabilities and comprehensive team approach. For more information: www.theruthgroup.com
CONTACT: France Biotech contact information: France Biotech Haude Costa Haude.email@example.com Tel : + 33 156 58 10 70 / 33(0) 6 84 25 88 27 Press contact information in France: Alize Public Relations Caroline Carmagnol and Valentine Boivin firstname.lastname@example.org Tel : + 33 (1)70 22 53 90 / + 33 (0)6 83 48 23 27
Source: France Biotech