- 3DS ranks highest among Technology Hardware & Equipment companies
- Ranking underscores 3DS' commitment to purpose-driven innovation
ROCK HILL, S.C., June 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it has been selected as one of Forbes' World's Most Innovative Growth Companies in the magazine's 2015 ranking. The company was awarded the 18th position on this year's list, the highest ranking among Technology Hardware & Equipment companies.
Forbes' annual World's Most Innovative Growth Companies index singles out the top 100 companies with market capitalization under $10 billion that have demonstrated continued growth through innovation. Companies are ranked by their "innovation premium" based on a proprietary formula from Credit Suisse HOLT.
"Purpose-driven innovation is the cornerstone of our brand value and the growth engine of our enterprise," said Avi Reichental, President and CEO, 3DS. "Becoming the topmost 3D printing company on the Forbes' list underscores the impact that our passionate team is making to advance 3D digital design and fabrication for the benefit of humanity. Our relentless pursuit of innovation democratizes access to 3D printing in the classroom, on the engineer's desktop, on the manufacturing floor, in the hospital and at home—unlocking the potential within each of us to transform the way we live, work and play."
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions available today, including 3D printers, print materials and cloud-sourced custom parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading personalized medicine capabilities save lives and include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of surgical instruments and devices for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3DS' products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
Leadership through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented MultiJet Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS pioneered virtual surgical simulation (VSSTM) and virtual surgical planning (VSP®), and its leading 3D healthcare products and services help doctors achieve better patient outcomes.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.
Source:3D Systems Corporation