MENLO PARK, Calif., June 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marble Security today announced an agreement to optimize its AppHawk app threat intelligence and defense service with AirWatch® by VMware®, the leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution, delivering deep app analysis and policy enforcement to AirWatch customers. The AppHawk solution for AirWatch is available immediately for Android and iOS devices, offering complete enterprise functionality, an automated workflow and easily adjustable privacy settings.
According to Gartner, through 2017, 75 percent of mobile security breaches will occur through apps rather than deep technical attacks on the OS.1 Enterprise users routinely expose their employers' data and network security by unknowingly installing malicious apps, called 'riskware,' onto their own devices or by giving mobile apps sweeping permissions to download and use information stored on the device or accessed from the corporate network. Threats range from stealing login credentials to tracking the location of executives.
AppHawk complements the AirWatch EMM solution by evaluating the risk of millions of apps, providing enterprises with an unprecedented level of app intelligence and control to remediate potentially dangerous apps. The AppHawk analysis engine powers the service by analyzing the apps, correlating their behavior to the ecosystem of all iOS and Android apps and calculating overall risk to the enterprise. With a database of more than 3.5 million analyzed apps and 600,000 publishers, AppHawk is a comprehensive app security solution.
AppHawk policy enforcement, which is executed through AirWatch, ranges from simple alerts, to quarantining devices, to device retirement. AppHawk's cloud-based service is operational 24/7 to identify suspicious apps in an AirWatch EMM ecosystem using AirWatch Tag technology and provides enforcement instructions to the AirWatch EMM system, enabling an automated workflow.
At a glance, the Marble Security and AirWatch solution:
- Enables enterprises to extend beyond simple mobile app reputation services and employ app intelligence and defense throughout the mobile enterprise
- Provides the visibility and controls that enterprises, companies and government agencies need when they allow mobile devices and apps onto their networks
- Delivers automated detection of previously undetectable threats, classification and workflow prevention to AirWatch customers
- Lets enterprises see a map that shows where in the world apps send private and corporate data
- Allows enterprises to scan private apps prior to deployment to mobile devices
- Enables enterprises to search for detailed information for more than 3.5 million apps and 600,000 publishers
"We look forward to diving into this AirWatch partnership. According to The Radicati Group, AirWatch is the leading global provider of EMM solutions, representing almost 50 percent of the EMM enterprise installed base," said Steve Ryan, senior vice president, business development, at Marble Security. "We believe AppHawk is the best app intelligence and defense service in the market with powerful workflow that supports automated enforcement of policies. Additionally, we have fully automated our implementation process for AirWatch customers, allowing the AppHawk optimization to go live in 30 minutes or less. The two solutions go hand in hand."
AppHawk is an easily deployed and powerful add-on to any AirWatch implementation. Marble will offer free evaluations to all AirWatch clients. To learn more, visit Marble's website or read the AppHawk datasheet.
Recent Mobile Threat Stats from Marble Labs
Here are some highlights from Marble's February 2015 Mobile Threat Report:
- The U.S. accounts for more than 42 percent of the world's most dangerous mobile apps targeting non-jailbroken and non-rooted devices. These apps aren't found on shady third-party stores—they're found right in the trusted Apple App Store and Google Play—putting the everyday consumer at higher risk for privacy violation than they likely realize
- China is the second largest publisher of malicious and highly risky apps at almost 18 percent of the world's output
- Nearly one in 10 mobile apps from China puts smartphone users at risk, as do 7 percent of Taiwanese apps and 4 percent of Singapore's
- Podcast: "U.S. is the No. 1 Source of Dangerous Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android"
- Podcast: "WireLurker iOS Malware Bursts Through Gates of Apple's Walled Garden"
- White Paper: "U.S. is the No. 1 Source of Dangerous Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android"
- White Paper: "What Enterprises Need to Know about New iOS Malware"
Marble Security's AppHawk is a mobile threat intelligence and defense solution that works in conjunction with enterprise mobile device management (MDM), enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile security management (MSM) solutions to provide dynamic app threat detection and protection while ensuring employee privacy. It offers automated controls for malicious apps that leak sensitive corporate data, dynamically assesses threat levels and where data is sent and assures safety of BYOD program rollouts for iOS and Android. The easily configurable administrative console uses a dashboard to show the overall state of app security in mobile deployments, and the optional mobile client educates employees by showing if they've downloaded dangerous apps at a glance, advising on deletion and graphically mapping where in the world an app is sending their data.
About Marble Security
Marble Security is the leading provider of mobile threat intelligence and defense. The company's research and response team of developers and cybercrime specialists has analyzed millions of Android and iOS apps, detecting apps with malicious and privacy-leaking behaviors that frequently lead to advanced persistent threats (APTs), spear phishing attacks on employees and other information security risks.
AppHawk by Marble Security delivers comprehensive, correlated threat intelligence for Android and iOS devices. Marble integrates directly with mobile device management (MDM) or enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions, providing granular risk control for bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs. www.marblesecurity.com
About VMware and AirWatch
VMware and AirWatch are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership between VMware and any other company.
1 Gartner, 2014, http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2846017
CONTACT: Deb Montner Montner Tech PR 203-226-9290 email@example.com
Source:Marble Security Inc.