LOS ANGELES, June 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- After recently launching its groundbreaking new app on Android, WebSafety, Inc. (OTCQB:WBSI) has announced its availability on iOS devices. Today, iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch® users can protect their children online with WebSafety's patented technology. WebSafety also announced updates to its Android version and is offering both the iOS and Android apps for free.
A world first, the new WebSafety app provides parents with analytical tools to watch for alarming patterns or behaviors while children and teens are using their mobile devices. WebSafety sends parents real-time alerts about suspicious activity on a child or teen's mobile devices so parents have the immediate opportunity to assess information and potential threats.
"WebSafety is an essential tool for all parents of teens and children with smartphones and mobile devices. I recommend the WebSafety app to all parents because it is so difficult to stay on top of what children and teens share over social networks or through text messages. Children have little understanding or foresight into future issues caused by their actions over social media, so parents need to be aware of what's going on, to intervene before any real danger takes place," said Michele Borba, Ed.D., parenting expert and bestselling author of 22 bestselling books.
Both the iOS and Android versions of the app will also include the following new features:
- Geofencing: Parents are notified when their child arrives or departs from a location and can label that location as safe or unsafe
- Instagram: Images, posts and comments are now monitored
- Push Notifications: Parents are alerted by a real-time notification to their phone when their child might be exhibiting questionable/problematic behavior
- Free Subscriptions: WebSafety now offers the app for both IOS and Android mobile devices at no cost.
WebSafety's founder and CEO Rowland Day added, "WebSafety's new features and iOS app provides parents with the information they need, when they need it so they can act quickly to prevent or assess dangerous behaviors. Based upon the feedback from parents during these past few years, we know this product is needed by so many families that we wanted to make it free and accessible to all parents."
How WebSafety works:
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play onto any iOS or Android mobile device
- Activity on the mobile device can be monitored from an iPad, laptop or mobile device
- The WebSafety app can be used with all four of the major wireless carriers in the United States and the three major wireless carriers in Canada
- Parents can monitor multiple mobile devices such as phones and tablets and customize alerts and the type of information they want to receive
- Dashboard: A real-time dashboard displays each child's daily activities on their mobile devices
- Monitors apps: Detailed descriptions of apps downloaded by the child onto their mobile devices are accompanied by WebSafety's own summary of the apps and suggestions for parents
- Monitors text messages: Options include the ability to view all text messages sent and received, or limited to alerting parents only of words of concern or messages from specific people
- Monitors websites: URLs for pornography and other inappropriate websites are flagged for parents' review
- Monitors social networks: Parents can view all photos uploaded to social media accounts in one convenient location, and receive notifications about words of concern used on social media networks
- Curfew: Parents can set time restrictions to disable the mobile device so the child may not be interrupted at night or study without interruption
- Notifications: Reports can be customized to provide parents with real-time, hourly, daily or weekly activity summaries
- Track location: Parents can view the current and past locations of the device
For more information, images, or an interview with parenting expert Michele Borba or WebSafety CEO Rowland Day, contact:
WebSafety's vision is to provide an open window through which concerned parents can monitor questionable and potentially harmful content or a direct predatory exchange occurring on their child's mobile device. WebSafety protects children and notifies parents of risks or inappropriate behavior through advanced multi-platform monitoring and analysis. For more information visit www.websafety.com
About Michele Borba, Ed.D.
Michele Borba is an internationally recognized expert and award-winning author on children, teens, parenting, bullying and moral development. Her work aims to help strengthen children's character and resilience, build strong families, create compassionate and just school cultures, and reduce peer cruelty. Her practical, research-based advice is culled from a career of working with over one million parents and educators worldwide. For more information visit www.micheleborba.com