San Francisco, California, June 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global nitric acid market is expected to reach USD 14.00 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Nitric acid is used in the manufacturing of various chemicals including adipic acid, ammonium nitrate, toluene di-isocynate and nitrobenzene. Increasing demand from end-use industries including polyurethane foams, elastomers, coatings along with floor and wood finishes, lacquers, foam plastics, polyurethane foam coated fabrics, and insulation materials is expected to propel nitric acid market growth over the forecast period.
Adipic acid was a key application of nitric acid accounting for 2,274.0 kilo tons of global demand in 2014. Over 80% of adipic acid produced globally is used in the manufacturing of nylon fiber and resin. Nylon 6,6 finds application in the automotive industry as a substitute to heavy metals in order to reduce the overall weight of vehicles, thus reducing carbon emissions. Increasing use of nylon 6,6 in automobiles is expected to augment adipic acid production, thus influencing nitric acid market demand over the forecast period.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Nitric Acid Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nitric-acid-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Fertilizer application of nitric acid was the largest in 2014 accounting for over 75% of the global market. Nitric acid is captivity consumed for ammonium nitrate production, around 80% of which is used as a fertilizer or as an intermediate for fertilizer manufacturing. Increasing concerns regarding use of ammonium nitrate as a fertilizer resulting in rising soil salinity has led to a number of regulations by authorities including EPA and REACH, restricting market demand.
- Central & Eastern Europe dominated the global nitric acid market with demand exceeding 21.0 million tons in 2014. However, North America and Europe are expected to witness a significant loss of share by over 2.0% over the forecast period in light of adverse environmental effects relating to use of nitric acid fertilizers. Stringent regulations in Europe and North America on the use of ammonium nitrate based fertilizers are expected to shift demand to Asian countries.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness high growth at a CAGR of 2.9% from 2015 to 2022 on account of increasing nitric acid consumption in emerging economies including China and India. China witnessed the fastest growth in rate of production and consumption among all regions over the past five years. Agriculture based economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to generate nitric acid demand for ammonium nitrate production due to less regulations in these regions.
- Global nitric acid market is highly concentrated with major players including BASF SE and Dow Chemical Company holding a lion's share. BASF SE, a chemical giant has forward integrated through the entire value chain to produce ammonia, nitric acid and compounds such as adipic acid and isocynate along with fertilizers. Agrium and Koch Nitrogen Company are engaged in manufacturing of nitrogen-based fertilizers such as ammonium nitrate and ammonia. Companies including Angus and Bayer Material Science are key manufacturers and suppliers of nitric acid on a global scale.
Get more insights about the Global Nitric Acid Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nitric-acid-market
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global nitric acid market on the basis of application and region:
Nitric Acid Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Adipic Acid
- Toulene di-isocynate (TDI)
Nitric Acid Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
Browse to access more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/agrochemicals-and-fertilizers
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
This market research report by Grand View Research can also be accessed @ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nitric-acid-market-worth-1400-billion-2022-sherry-james?published=t
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research