- Wereldhave secures the largest portfolio of shopping centres available on the Dutch market
- Unique opportunity to acquire an attractive portfolio of scale
- Strong strategic fit with our current Dutch portfoli
- Purchase price of [Eur]730 million represents a yield of c. 6%
- Upside potential by leveraging strong Wereldhave retail expertise
- Acquisition is expected to be accretive to target EPS in first full year (2016)
- Transaction to be financed via an offering of up to 5,250,000 new ordinary shares to institutional investors and existing debt facilities, with asset disposals targeted over the next 18 months
- Confirm commitment to strong balance sheet with LTV target of 35% - 40% by year end 2016
Schiphol, the Netherlands, June 24, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Wereldhave N.V. ("Wereldhave" or "the Company") takes a defining step in its Dutch market and a major leap in realizing its strategy of becoming the leading specialist in mid-sized shopping centres in North-Western Continental Europe. The Company announces that it has entered into a conditional agreement with Klepierre Management Nederland B.V. ("the Seller") pursuant to which Wereldhave intends to acquire nine shopping centres in the Netherlands and a development project for the extension of one of these centres ("the Target Portfolio") for a total consideration of [Eur]730 million, excluding transaction costs ("the Transaction"). Adding these assets to Wereldhave's existing ten shopping centres creates the single largest portfolio of mid-sized shopping centres in the Netherlands.
The Target Portfolio is being acquired at a yield of c. 6%. Wereldhave intends to finance the acquisition via an equity offering of up to 5,250,000 new ordinary shares and existing debt facilities, with asset disposals targeted over the next 18 months. Completion of the Transaction is envisaged to take place before the end of 2015.