ST. LOUIS, June 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amdocs (Nasdaq:DOX), the leading provider of customer experience solutions, today announced an integrated solution to optimize multi-vendor, multi-technology, heterogeneous networks (HetNets). The Amdocs Centralized Management and Optimization solution is the only radio access network (RAN) optimization solution that embeds multi-vendor network intelligence to enable mobile network operators to deliver optimal coverage and capacity in complex, multi-vendor networks across 2G, 3G, and LTE/ 4G and deliver a seamless quality of experience (QoE) for customers.
According to new, independent research1, service providers are moving towards multi-vendor networks in order to deliver the dense capacity required for a projected 1,000-times increase in data volumes by 2020, and support a strong user experience. The research reveals two common factors in planned networks – greater variety and complexity, and a greater number of cells - and also shows an increasing demand for vendor-independent optimization solutions in recognition that delivering a great customer experience requires more than just raw capacity.
The Amdocs Centralized Management and Optimization solution offers integrated, customer value-driven network management and optimization software linking network performance to subscriber identity and business value. Fully integrated with the Amdocs Insight Big Data platform and able to utilize Amdocs Deep Network Analytical applications, the solution correlates IT, network and business data and coordinates actions to improve capacity and quality when and where it matters most. The new solution combines customer experience analytics, root cause analysis and self-optimizing networks (SON) algorithms to simplify network management, maximize coverage and capacity, enable innovative optimization services, and allow for intelligent, targeted marketing to improve return on investment; all the while reducing operational and capital expenditure.
The Amdocs Centralized Management and Optimization solution includes:
- Amdocs Customer Experience Geo-Location - reduces customer experience issues by up to 75 percent2 by automatically building traffic and quality of experience maps that enable the identification of congestion hotspots, quality issues and network problems, linking to customer data to allow service providers to focus activities where they will drive greater profitability.
- Amdocs SON - reduces dropped calls by up to 20 percent2 by simplifying network management and maximizing network potential through automated optimization, enabling service providers to deliver effective customer experience improvements by targeting optimization based on customer revenue and business value.
- Amdocs Automatic Intelligent Correlation (AIC) - a RAN management solution that reduces time to diagnose network problems by up to 86 percent2 through automatic detection problems, proposing short-term operational and maintenance fixes along with long-term optimization solutions.
- Amdocs Benchmarking - provides automated benchmark diagnostics to enable an up to 80 percent2 reduction in processing time to plan network improvements, correlate benchmark results with subscriber experience and improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Amdocs Network Acceptance - implements automated, independent verification of network quality and detailed problem investigation prior to network launch, enforcing transparent and unambiguous KPIs, ensuring launch quality in LTE and small cell rollouts and reducing network acceptance time by up to 80 percent2.
"In The New World of Customer Experience, data network quality has become a critical differentiator for service providers with higher value placed on data coverage and download speeds by customers. With increasing mobile traffic driving up network costs, operators need to find ways to create a differentiated experience while controlling operational costs and delaying capital expenditure," said Ann Hatchell, head of network marketing at Amdocs. "As service providers roll out complex, multi-vendor networks to meet customers' expectations, vendor-independent RAN optimization solutions will be critical to minimize cost and maximize QoE. The Amdocs Centralized Management and Optimization solution goes beyond SON, with agile, intelligent and integrated solutions to shape quality of experience, maximize coverage and capacity, optimize investment and drive revenues."
1 Amdocs-sponsored research conducted by leading analyst, Maravedis Rethink, May 2015, involving 76 heads of network or CTOs at Tier-1 service providers.
2 According to Amdocs' internal testing, simulation or test-case deployments. Benefits will vary depending on customer implementation.
- Read more about Amdocs Centralized Management and Optimization solution
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control and optimization product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.6 billion in fiscal 2014, Amdocs and its more than 22,000 employees serve customers in over 80 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs' ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2014 filed on December 8, 2014 and our quarterly 6-K form furnished on February 9 and May 11, 2015.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Sara Preto Fusion PR for Amdocs Tel: +1-212-651-4214 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org