CAMBRIDGE, Ontario, June 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fibernetics, a disruptive force in Canadian telecom by being one of Canada's fastest growing telecommunications providers, is proud to announce that they are officially operating as a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Over the past 18 months, Fibernetics has made dramatic inroads in expanding their national presence across Canada. In 2014, Nucleus Information Service, Calgary's first ever ISP, was acquired, providing Fibernetics access to Alberta's largest market. In July of that year the CRTC gave CLEC approval for Winnipeg and in December Fibernetics achieved CLEC status in Victoria, B.C.. Running one of the largest voice and data networks in Canada, Fibernetics coverage area includes cities in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and now Nova Scotia providing a true coast-to-coast footprint.
Fibernetics operating as a CLEC means:
- Worldline residential, NEWT business services & Fibernetics' wholesale products and services are now available in Eastern Canada
- Reduced costs by eliminating spending on terminating calls and leasing phone numbers from other providers thus keeping our prices disruptive in the Canadian Market Place
- Fibernetics manufactures dial tones by becoming 'in service' and installing our equipment, performing testing and doing a turn-up with the incumbent
- In-house supplied phone numbers, and phone number transfers from other providers to our network within the CLEC in service areas
- Having control over the entire network infrastructure, if support is required, Fibernetics has the ability to act immediately, instead of having to depend on a third party.
- Fibernetics own network team and operations centre monitors the national network
"To have a truly national presence in the telecom marketplace distinguishes us from our nearest competitors as we can now operate efficiently and cost effectively coast-to-coast where they can't. This is all due to a team effort here at Fibernetics and I would like to thank each and every one of them personally," said Fibernetics Rick Schleihauf, VP Regulatory Affairs and Carrier Relations.
Technology Officer Francisco Dominguez said, "With great pleasure Fibernetics looks forward to bringing the value of all its industry changing telephony services to the provinces of Eastern Canada! Business and residential services alike will never be the same as we delivery happiness and connections every day by BEING AWESOME! More value, for less money, the choice couldn't be any simpler."
Headquartered in Cambridge, Ontario, Fibernetics goes "Beyond Telecom" by providing superior products and services at the fairest prices to the Canadian market place with a singular focus on customer service in everything they do. Selected as a regional finalist in the Canada's Best Managed Companies program for 2014, Fibernetics has its own national infrastructure that delivers a full range of voice and data services for residential customers through Worldline and for business clients with the NEWT Business Phone System and Business Internet. Website: http://www.fibernetics.ca/ Twitter: @fibernetics
CONTACT: Media Inquiries: John Stix - Fibernetics President 519-489-6700 firstname.lastname@example.org