NEW YORK, June 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. ("Caladrius" or "the Company") (NASDAQ:CLBS), a cell therapy leader with a Phase 3 clinical program in immuno-oncology—as well as earlier-stage development programs in ischemic repair (based on CD34 cells) and autoimmune disease (based on T regulatory cells)—announced today its establishment of a cardiovascular disease scientific advisory board. The board consists of internationally renowned experts in cardiology, including esteemed professors of cardiology, research directors and department chairs, and will advise and provide support to Caladrius in the areas of cardiology research and clinical development.
The members of the advisory board include:
- Robert Harrington, MD, Arthur L. Bloomfield Professor of Medicine, Chair, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Timothy Henry, MD, Chief of Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute, Los Angeles, California
- Thomas Povsic, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina
- Arshed Quyyumi, MD, FACC, FRCP, Professor of Medicine, Co-Director, Emory Clinical Cardiovascular Research Institute, Atlanta, Georgia
- Richard Schatz, MD, Research Director, Cardiovascular Interventions, Director, Gene & Cell Therapy, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California
- Christopher White, MD, MSCAI, FACC, FAHA, FESC, Professor and Chairman of Medicine, Ochsner Clinical School and Chief of Medical Services, Ochsner Medical Center, New Orleans., Louisiana
- Joseph C. Wu, MD, PhD, Director, Stanford Cardiovascular Institute, Professor, Department of Medicine (Cardiology) & Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Andreas Zeiher, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chairman, Department of medicine, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
"This impressive group of physicians and researchers dedicated to cardiac health will offer valuable input to Caladrius as we determine the next development steps for our ischemic repair program based on CD34 cell technology," said Dr. David J. Mazzo, Chief Executive Officer of Caladrius Biosciences.
Caladrius Biosciences has completed a Phase 2 study of its investigational therapy CLBS10 for ischemic repair in patients with ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI). The technology platform on which this study was based is potentially applicable across indications including congestive heart failure, critical limb ischemia, intermittent claudication and stroke.
About Caladrius Biosciences
Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. is among the first of a new breed of immunotherapy companies with proven expertise and unique experience in cell process optimization, development, and manufacturing. Caladrius is a cell therapy leader with late-stage clinical programs based on a proprietary platform technology for immuno-oncology, as well as additional platform technologies for ischemic repair and immunomodulation, and capabilities that support other cell therapy developers. This integrated approach supports the industry in bringing significant life-improving medical treatments to market. www.caladrius.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements reflect management's current expectations, as of the date of this press release, and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements include statements herein with respect to the successful execution of the Company's business strategy, the Company's ability to develop and grow its business, the successful development of cellular therapies with respect to the Company's research and development and clinical evaluation efforts in connection with the Company's Immuno-Oncology Program, Ischemic Repair Program, Immune Modulation Program and other cell therapies, the future of the regenerative medicine industry and the role of stem cells and cellular therapy in that industry, and the performance and planned expansion of the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary and its center of excellence for cell therapy process development, engineering and manufacturing, PCT. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. For a further description of the risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those expressed in these forward-looking statements, as well as risks relating to the business of the Company in general, see the factors described under the heading, "Item 1A. Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 2, 2015 and those described in the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Caladrius Biosciences, Inc. Eric Powers Manager of Communications and Marketing Phone: +1-212-584-4173 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Caladrius Biosciences, Inc.